The Fall

"What the-"

Jack was cut off as another explosion hit the castle. This time, a section of the ceiling caved in, crumbling around them and causing a huge cloud of dust to rise up in the air.

"Well that's not good." The Engineer mumbled under his breath.

"Jack, tell Robin to have the guards bring every citizen they can to the safe house underground!" Jack's dad commanded.

Jack nodded with eyes with wide eyes before dashing off.

"What's going on?!?" A young man with blue hair with matching blue hair yelled as he dashed out of a nearby room.

"Billycons." The king grumbled.

"How can they have regrouped so quickly? We just forced them off of our land yesterday!" The queen exclaimed.

"Because they had help." The Engineer realized.

The next explosion that hit the castle caused everyone to fall to the ground as the room they were standing in started caving in.

"Gaja!" The Engineer exclaimed, quickly jumping to his feet.

Amy felt the Engineer lift her to her feet by the hand and not let go as the two ran out of the throne room with Signe, the blue haired man, the queen, and the king in tow.

"Ethan, where are your parents?" The king asked the blue haired man once they cane to a stop in front of the blocked off doorway.

"I-I don't know." Ethan stammered.

"Robin managed to get everyone in the safe house, he's just waiting for us." Jack panted as he ran back, cape billowing behind him.

"I have to find my parents!" Ethan protested.

"Everyone go ahead, I'll find them." The Engineer instructed.

"I'm not leaving you!" Amy shouted, staying put as everyone else ran ahead.

"Now is really not a good time to argue!" The Engineer huffed in irritation, running into a room that was adjacent to the throne room.

It looked like it was some kind of kitchen, but Amy didn't spend much time studying it.

"EXTERMINATE!"

Amy heard a robotic voice shout A green laser hit the wall above Amy's head, small chunks of rubble raining down on her.

"Oh my god." The Engineer swallowed hard, his face turning pale as he turned around.

A cone shaped robot with a whisk and plunger connected to it was right behind Amy and the Engineer.

"Run!" The Engineer commande, pure panic evident in his tone as the robot fired another green laser, this one barely breezing by his arm.

This time Amy decided not to argue.

She followed the Engineer out the side door of the room that led to outside.

Everything was in chaos.

Buildings were reduced to piles of debris, the suns blocked out of view by a large UFO shaped ship.

"What are they?!?" Amy yelled as she watched one of the robots shoot at a home, causing it to crumble to the ground.

"Daleks." The Engineer whispered, his voice barely audible over the robots.

"Engineer!" The king came running into view. His crown was missing and his robes were torn in various places, a large scrape running from his forehead to his jaw.