Chapter Nine

As promised....here's the next chapter.   More in Sophia's POV.   Enjoy and please VOTE.............and comment.  I really would appreciate it!!!

S   xo

------------------------------------Picture of Nicole------------------------------->

Chapter Nine

Sophia’s POV

I went to bed early that night, so many things rushing through my mind, my family all around me was driving me crazy.  I love them all, more then they will ever know...but sometimes I just want to be left alone.   My bedroom is my second sanctuary, even though it’s grand central station at times.  My sister and Mom never knock, at least my Dad and my brothers do.   But still......even here I’m not left alone.

My phone rang a couple of times tonight, I knew....or at least I figured it was James.  I just couldn’t will myself to pick it up.   Everything has changed now.   I’m so confused, I cannot get out of my head what my brother has told me.   Me....why me?   I know that I’m feeling sorry for myself but he could do so much better than me.

The side of my bed dipped and I scooted over.   She didn’t even have to say anything to me, I could tell from my sister’s scent that it was her.   I had my back towards her and we assumed our normal sleeping position.  She pulled herself right up behind me and wrapper her arm around my waist.  Sounds kind of incestuous, but it’s really quite innocent.   After my accident, sleeping became a fear for me. Waking up and not seeing anything, not remembering where I was, it was hard on me.  We were young, only thirteen...so Isobel started sleeping with me.  It brought me comfort knowing that she was there, she kept the nightmares at bay, and waking up in the morning to darkness wasn’t so bad anymore.

We don’t sleep together as often anymore, mostly only when I’m having a bad night.   We are grown now, she’s needs her space, so do I...but knowing that she’s just across from me, comforts me more then she would ever know.

“What’s wrong?” she whispered to me.

“Why are you not talking with Matt?” I asked her back.

“Don’t change the subject,” she whispered back.   “I told Matt that I had to go.”

I shrugged my shoulders in response.  So many things were wrong, how do I pin point one?  Her arm around my waist tugged on my middle a bit to let me know that she was waiting for a response.

“I don’t know,” I whispered back.  I was about to cry, I could feel it. 

“Tell me Soph.....it’s me.....you can tell me anything,” she said as she pulled tighter on me.   I still didn’t respond, I was trying hard not to cry.  I hated crying, I’ve done enough crying to last me a life time...yet I don’t think that a week goes by that I don’t cry about something.   “Are you upset about your x-ray results?” she asked me.

“No, Dr. Anderson said there was nothing to worry about, just a slight shifting, nothing major.  As long as I don’t start to get a lot of headaches, he said everything was fine,” I reassured her.  I wasn’t worried about that, Dr. Anderson would never lie to me if he thought that something serious had changed in my condition.

“Is it James then?” Isobel asked.  I froze when she said that.  How did she know?  

“No,” I whispered back hoping that she would accept my answer and go to sleep, hence the reason why I came to bed early.