Chapter Thirteen

Please VOTE and COMMENT!!  I would totally appreciate it!!  Many thanks!

Enjoy!!!   S  xo

Chapter Thirteen

James’ POV

Poor Matt, he was nervous as hell.  Me....well I’ve been here before, actually just yesterday to be exact and I was nervous then.   But now?  Nope.....now I was calm.   I know that I have to talk with Sophia and I hope that by me coming over again proves to her that I want this to work.  Isobel said she would talk to her for me and she left well before Matt and I did, so hopefully she already had the chance.  Coach was annoyed that we were both super late for practice and made us run extra laps around the field.

I knocked several times and was about to knock once more when the door flung open and an annoyed person answered it.  The brother Tyler, I’m assuming.....the one that I had not met yet, the one that I was going to meet right now.   I could definitely tell the boys were not related, Nick was much darker, olive coloured skin like his Mother and the girls, but Tyler was much more fair.   Light brown hair, blue eyes like Sophia’s, he was tall, maybe a bit taller than Nick, but Nick had this laid-back vibe coming from him, Tyler did not.

He was checking us both out, inspecting us like we were a piece of meat.....crap....with his stare, I was even shaking in my shoes.  He looked me over and then moved to look over Matt.  I didn’t look over to Matt but I could tell from his shallow breaths that he was just as intimidated as I was.  Shit!

“So...which one of you is James and which is Matt?” the guy asked us, annoyance in his voice.  What?  How did he know our names?

“Um....I’m Matt Sir, and this is James,” Matt spoke up before I could.

“Sir?” he started to howl now.  “Don’t call me Sir....you can call my Dad Sir....but hell no....not me.”  He was grinning now, he leaned his shoulders on the door frame and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Ah....we came to see Isobel and Sophia, can we come in?” I asked him trying to be as calm and as polite as possible.  It was hard though, this guy was tough, he was still frowning and it was giving me the creeps.

“No,” he told us flat out.

“No,” I repeated swallowing a lump of saliva that all of a sudden formed in my mouth.

He started laughing again.  God...these Connelly men really like to play games.   Now I was getting annoyed, I wish that Sophia or Isobel would come by or something and let us in.

“So.....you are the two suckers that like my sisters,” he said to us still grinning.   He hadn’t moved yet, still leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed over his chest.  He was like a brick wall and there was no way we were going to get in unless he moved.

Matt and I didn’t really know what to say so we both kind of nodded.   He laughed again, clearly enjoying our discomfort, but when he turned serious is when I took a step back, so did Matt.

“If either of you touch either one of my sisters inappropriately, I will break each and every one of your fingers.  Got that!” he said to us, so calm he was, he didn’t even blink.  

“Yes,” Matt stammered out.

I couldn’t even speak, I just nodded my response.  This one is worse than Nick.

“Great,” he stepped away from the door frame and clapped his hands together.  “Now that we understand each other, you may come in.”  He stepped to the side now and honestly, I wanted to change my mind and I was betting that Matt wanted to as well.