Chapter Eleven

New chapter as promised.  Enjoy.....VOTE and comment!!!    

Have a great day!!!!!

Chapter Eleven

James’ POV

I slammed my locker shut as I watched Stuart take Sophia’s hand and lead her off to their next class.  I hated Creative Writing...it was one of the few classes that I didn’t have with Sophia and it annoyed me that Stuart did and offered to take her.   Prick....he holds her hand on purpose, just to piss me off.   The first time he took her hand, he purposely turned and winked at me. 

“Careful,” a soft voice behind me said.  Then a soft shoulder bumped into mine as I turned to see Isobel standing beside me clutching her books to her chest.  Her and I had Geometry next, so she always met me at my locker and we walked together.  “Your jealously is showing,” she said with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

“Is it that obvious?” I asked her smiling at her perception of me as we started to make our way down to class.  She was so right, I was green with envy.

“Well, you looked as though you were shooting daggers at Stu, so...yah,” Isobel grinned.  “It was pretty obvious.”

“I can’t help it,” I told her shrugging.  “He’s an idiot and I don’t trust him.” I said honestly looking back over my shoulder to see if I could still see them.  They were gone now, I’m sure in their classroom because it wasn’t far from Sophia’s locker.

“He’s harmless,” Isobel reassured me.  “And besides, Sophia would never date him anyway.”

That comment made me raise my eyebrow....”So....are you saying that Sophia might date me, if I ask that is,” I quickly added in.   If was going to find out anything about Sophia, Isobel was the perfect person to ask.

“That’s a good question James,” Isobel told me frowning.  “Honestly...I’m not sure Sophia will date anyone.”

We got to the classroom and I held the door open for Isobel to go in first.  She stopped mid-stride and turned towards me with a huge grin on her face.   I looked over her shoulder and I noticed we had a sub today and everyone knows what a sub means......no class! 

We took our usual seats and sure enough, the sub announced that he was just there to supervise us because our regular teacher didn’t leave a summary of what to do today, so it was a free period.  Bonus....I had a study block next, with Sophia I might add, and then was lunch.   Today was definitely a good day.

“So, you were saying...” I started asking Isobel again.  I wanted to know what she meant about Sophia not dating anyone.  Even though I knew that the girls couldn’t date, that didn’t stop Matt and Isobel from getting together.

“What was I saying?” she countered back looking confused.

“You were saying something about Sophia not dating,” I reminded her.

“Oh...well,” she said shrugging her shoulders.  “My sister....is....,” she paused thinking about what she was going to say next...”How do I put it??   Very naive.”

“What do you mean?” I asked her.  I really wanted to know.   I knew that Sophia didn’t have much experience, I don’t think she’s dated anyone before and I’m betting she’s never even kissed anyone either.  So maybe that’s what Isobel is talking about.

“Well, if I tell you some stuff James, you have to keep it between you and I, understood?” she asked me looking very serious. 

“Of course,” I told her honestly making the “cross my heart and hope to die” sign with my fingers across my chest.”