Part 7~

Kiku stood there, shocked. Right in front of him was the most popular, sweet, school jock, while Kiku was just an awkward, antisocial nerd, obsessed with getting good grades. And here he was, asking him to prom, while the same day he wondered how Alfred even knew him. Kiku looked up at Alfred, his face covered in a gigantic smile, wondering how Kiku would react. Kiku smiled. For the first time in a long time, he smiled, and it was real. A smile you can't hide, a smile you can't put away, one that forces it's way from your mouth to your heart and back again, one that can never end. Alfred ran over to Kiku, somehow getting from the end zone to the fifty-yard line in seconds. Once Alfred got to him, he scooped him up into a huge warming-of-the-heart hug, one only Alfred can give. He stepped back a moment and looked into Kiku's dark brown, chocolate-like eyes.
    "Dude, are you crying? I'm sorry." Alfred said, a worrisome yet sort of amused look on his face. Kiku realized his vision was blurry, and he felt warm tears sliding slowly down his cheeks. He reached his hand up to his face and it came away damp. He wasn't just smiling, he was crying too. Not from sadness. Not from dejection or hopelessness. Not from misery. But from happiness. From the simple fact that Alfred loves him, and in that moment he realized that he loves Alfred just as much.