2

I threw my bag down on the floor and looked around the empty room. I inhaled the smell of the freshly polished wooden floors in the private rehearsal room. I got here early before Abby and I decided to get to work so I could be ahead of the game when she arrived. I sat on the piano bench and cracked my fingers and I slid my fingers over the keyboards and closed my eyes, letting my hands take over. I was never one to take lessons, I just sort of took to music, anytime I was put in front of a microphone or an instrument, I felt so at peace. I let my fingers work the keys, faster and faster. I got carried away and I heard the door slam, I stopped abruptly and my eyes shot open. I whipped my head around to see a blonde boy. He stood about 5’9 and wore Khaki pants and a tight polo that hugged his body in all of the right ways, I scanned his body and finally found his face. 

“Oh, sorry. I was told this wasn’t going to be used for another hour. Should I go?” He spoke with a strong Irish accent and a deep voice, he pointed to the door and leaned forward. 

“Um, you know what? I’m way early, you can stay.” I smiled, and picked up my bag from the floor. I shot up from the bench so quickly and as I took a step, I tripped and fell, opening my bag and spilling the contents out in front of me. I scrambled to pick my stuff up quickly and I felt the boy hovering above me and before I knew it he was kneeling down in front of me helping me pick up my stuff. “You really don’t need to help. I’ll be gone in like 5 seconds.” I mumbled. We stood up and came face to face and I noticed he’s Niall Horan. The Niall Horan.

“It’s fine. I’m Niall by the way.”  I nibbled on the inside of my lip and took his hand. “You’ve got soft hands.” I groaned and face palmed. 

“I get that literally every day of my life!” I laughed and flung my bag over my shoulder. “Maybe I’ll see you around some time.”

“You’re very talented, when I walked in here you were pretty into your music. I really didn’t mean to interrupt you.”

“It’s alright. I’m too early, anyway. Enjoy yourself, man.” I walked towards the door and about halfway there I heard him shout. 

“Wait!” He cleared his throat and put his finger to his mouth, as if a little embarrassed. “I didn’t get your name?” 

“My name is Mollie.” I flashed another smile and walked out of the room and made my way down the hallway to a nearby snack machine. I’m starving.