Chapter 1

Kyoya's Point of View

The Host Club was running smoothly today. For once, everything had gone perfectly. Even Tamaki was following the plan for once. I jotted down in my notepad everything that was benefitting us about today, but then disaster struck.

"If you like them so much then why don't you make them your number one friend?" Hikaru yelled loudly.

"You're my number one, Hikaru" Kaoru said innocently, but Hikaru wasn't accepting it.

"I'm not buying that for a single second, all you ever talk about these days is them!" Girls were squealing at the outbreak like it was the best bit of drama they had ever seen.

I went to split them up, though I probably shouldn't have. As I approached, Hikaru looked at me and ran from the room angrily. Kaoru sat down and started to cry with his head in his hands. Whatever this was about it was obviously pitting their brotherly love act in jeopardy, which means it is in my interest to have them resolve things.

I asked Haruhi to go after Hikaru, knowing that he would listen to her, which is why it was her I sent. Me, I went to speak to Kaoru. When Hikaru gets in a bad mood, he is almost always unreasonable and it is not in my interests to put myself through the stress of trying to get him to listen. On the other hand, Kaoru is more level headed and will listen to reason.

Kaoru still had his head in his hands as he cried. Tamaki did what I told him to do and cleared the Host Club. Today's session was over. I lifted Kaoru's head by his chin so he was looking at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked. It benefits me to keep him happy because we need the brotherly love package in the Host Club in order to make a profit, and also for some unknown reason, it hurts my chest to see Kaoru so distraught.

"I just upset my brother, of course I am not alright." Kaoru said quietly. "I'm sorry for being rude. It's just that it is stupid that he got so mad." I nodded, understanding him as I listened carefully.

"If you don't mind me asking, but what exactly are you fighting about?" I asked, wanting to get to the bottom of this. Kaoru went extremely quiet when I asked this, so I simply said "You don't have to say if you-" but he interrupted me.

"I have a crush on someone."

Hearing these words made my heart throb a bit, but I don't know why. It hurt a lot, but I tried to stay calm for Kaoru's sake. For once I was glad that Haruhi wasn't in the room, she would have picked up on me hiding my discomfort probably instantly.

"Well Haruhi is currently talking to Hikaru, so hopefully we can dissolve this little dispute" I spoke. Kaoru looked away frowning.

"He won't forgive me, he feels as though he is losing me because I like someone." I nodded once again.

"Then perhaps you should show him he isn't losing you. If this quarrel continues then the probability of you two growing apart is high and that won't be good for the club." Kaoru stood up.

"You know, you are really insensitive!" his cheeks were red, but probably because he was angry. "I would have been better talking to the boss about this, at least he would understand how I feel and not only care about the club. You're so selfish!" My eyes widened and the pain in my chest grew greatly.

"Kaoru," I whispered, "I'm sorry." I hope that no one heard that, but they probably did.

Haruhi came back in the room with Hikaru trailing behind her. Tamaki, being the idiot he is, walked up to them and hugged Haruhi.

"I hope that nasty pervert didn't do anything to my little girl while she was trying to cheer him up!" The blonde imbecile yelled loudly. I closed my eyes sighing at the sight.

"Hey cut it out Senpai!" She yelled. I do feel sorry for her sometimes.

"Kaoru, I just wanted to say I am sorry. I shouldn't be so upset with you because you have a crush on someone," Hikaru started to apologise and rubbed the back of his head. Tamaki's head shot around to face them when he heard the word 'crush'. "I guess I was just scared to lose you as my brother. Sorry for being jealous."

"Hikaru, you could never lose me as you brother. I will always love you." Kaoru said and they embraced. Well I am glad that was resolved quickly. Though I wish I could say it was relieved painlessly as well. I held my chest a little and Haruhi looked at me, so I moved my hand quickly.

Tamaki held onto Haruhi protectively and glared towards the twins.

"What do you mean he has a crush on someone? The only girl he is close to is Haruhi and I forbid it. You hear me? I forbid you from dating my little girl!"

"Erm Senpai, even if Kaoru did like me, it wouldn't be your choice if we dated." Haruhi said, "besides, Kaoru is bisexual. The chances of it being a guy he is into is equal, if not higher than him crushing on a girl."

I knew that Kaoru was bisexual but I thought the chances of him crushing on anyone while still in highschool were slim to none due to how secluded him and Hikaru are. Naturally, I thought that point would come later on in both of their lives. Obviously I mis-judged them. With Haruhi joining the group, it becomes evident that she has broadened their horizons.

"So who exactly is it that you like, Kaoru?" Tamaki asked curiously. The twins grabbed each other's hands and walked out quickly, clearly to avoid the question. Everyone in the room turned to look at me for answers.

"I am sorry, but I do not know nor do I care. Try to figure it out between yourselves." I started and also walked out. The pain in my chest was still there, but it was no longer throbbing as badly.

Haruhi's Point of View

After Kyoya left everyone turned their heads to look at me. I thought for a few moments.

"Well the only person that I can think of that it could be is Kyoya-Senpai." I stated. They looked at me confused. So I tried my best to explain it to the. "We know that Kaoru likes both males and females, but given that he isn't really close to anyone outside of the Host Club, it can be said that the person he likes is a member. Honey-Senpai and Mori-Senpai can be ruled out because Kaoru doesn't talk to them as much as the other members. If it were one of them, his behaviour would change around them due to that fact. Tamaki-Senpai is ruled out because both of the twins view him as their 'boss' and just like to tease him. So that just leaves Kyoya-Senpai- or of course someone outside of school, which is really unlikely." They all listened closely. I know for a face that Kaoru doesn't like me because he has told me before that he believes Hikaru likes me and he would never want to stand in the way of that. It's pretty sweet when you think about it.

"So If Kaoru likes Kyoya then we should do everything in our power to make sure they get together." Tamaki exclaimed. The others agreed.

"No." I said and pulled on Tamaki's ear. "If Kyoya-Senpai doesn't like him back then Kaoru would be heartbroken. We should just leave them to sort things out for themselves guys. You don't meddle around with a person's heart." Tamaki nodded, now understanding me.