Chapter 8

Kaoru's Point of View:

Hikaru and Haruhi came like I had expected. Kyoya didn't speak a word to them, I guess he only wanted me right now. I didn't speak much either. The words that Mr Ootori said about Kyoya were playing around in my mind. 'He'll always be a failure.' Kyoya isn't a failure. He is the smartest and most handsome man I know. He's obviously smarter than his father, who from my experience, isn't very good at anything apart from neglecting his child.

"Kaoru? Are you alright?" Kyoya asked. I looked at him. Apparently, I had zoned out. Do you blame me? I was thinking about what that awful man said about my boyfriend. Kyoya put his hand on my cheek. "Hey, you zoned out again." He said. I blinked.

"Sorry, I am just thinking." I said. Hikaru was staring at me.

"What about?" Haruhi asked. I shook my head. Kyoya looked at my brother and his girlfriend.

"Excuse me." I said and left. I noticed Kyoya's face as I walked out. Worry. He shouldn't be worried about me, it should be the other way round. The guy is in hospital- he should not be worrying about me.

Someone grabbed me as I walked to the canteen in the hospital.

"Kaoru, is he okay?" A voice spoke. I turned around to see Tamaki and I sighed deeply. He shouldn't be here. I don't think Kyoya would be happy if he had the full Host Club in his room making a racket. In all honesty, I think he only really wants me there.

"He's fine" I said and bought myself a drink and got Kyoya one as well. Tamaki had Honey-Senpai and Mori-Senpai with him and they were looking at me like they were expecting me to tell them everything. "Who told you he was here?"

They all looked at each other.

"Hika-chan" Honey-Senpai said. I sighed and looked at Tamaki.

"Hikaru did" He said. I looked at Mori-Senpai to get confirmation that Hikaru had shared it to all of them. He nodded. A sigh escaped my mouth again and I led them to the room. I walked in and gave Kyoya the drink and a groan came from his mouth when he saw the remaining three members of the Host Club that weren't already in the room.

"Hikaru told them." I explained. He nodded and shot a glare at Hikaru. Hikaru hid behind Haruhi upon seeing the glare. The Club all made themselves at home and I was left without a chair. Kyoya shifted up and let me sit down.

The silence was awkward. No one knew what to say.

"So Kyoya," Tamaki started, "Why did you do it?"

"Because" He answered. That wasn't really much of an answer, but that's what he said. That silence invaded the hospital room once again, more awkward than the last time.

"Kyo-chan, do you want a slice of cake?" Honey-Senpai said. Kyoya didn't answer.

"Is there anything you want?" Haruhi said, "I can go get you something." All the Host Club seemed to be in shock and panic because of what Kyoya did. I could see the annoyance grow on Kyoya's face.

"If I'm perfectly honest, I want you all out apart from Kaoru" He said, his brow twitching as they were all asking him what he wants and needs and offering to do stuff for him. His words shocked everyone and nodded, but not one of them left. "Leave!" He snapped at them. His words were ice as he spoke to them. They rushed out in fear, leaving me alone with him.

"Sorry about that." I said to him. He nodded and pulled me close by my waist.

"I did it because you got hurt because of me. I couldn't live with myself knowing I had caused a bunch of homophobic men to beat you up. On top of that I'm just stressed." He told me. I put my hand on his cheek.

"You didn't cause me to get beaten up. If that was anyones fault, it's Honey-Senpai's" I told him and kissed him gently. "As for the stress, stop trying to be what your father wants you to be and just be yourself. The real you is much better than the worked up stressed you anyway." I explained. He nodded. He started to speak my name, but I stopped him and pressed my lips up against his.

The kiss was amazing once he started to kiss back. His warm lips melted against mine like the mountain snow under the summer sun. His hands glided up my back making me shiver slightly with excitement. His touch, soft like a feather but stronger than that of a lion's as he gripped onto me and pulled me close. Our gentle kiss turned into an intimate, intense moment that needed to be cherished forever. This kiss would have gone further had we not been in a hospital right now.

"I'll be out of here by tonight, and back at school tomorrow." He said. I nodded, though really I just wanted him to rest. I wanted to rest with him so we could cuddle and do maybe more. He smiled. "Thank you." He said.

"I love you." I spoke to him happily. He returned my statement with a peck on the cheek afterwards.

He was right, he got released that night. However, he got advised to stay in bed. Did I believe he would do that? No, I didn't. Fuyumi was there when it was time for him to be discharged, and together we helped him get home.

"Want to stay the night, Kaoru?" Fuyumi asked. I shook my head, but honestly I did want to stay the night.

"I have to get back to Hikaru, thank you for the offer though." I smiled and kissed Kyoya's forehead before leaving.

When I got back home, it seemed empty, but it wasn't. There was loud noises coming from upstairs, and so I didn't go to my room. I went to the spare room and put the tv on loud enough to mask out the lewd noises of grunts, groans and moans. I think Hikaru must have heard the television, because not long after it started he was knocking on my door.

Hikaru's appearance was not acceptable. His hair was messy, his lips were slightly swollen and he had a huge hickey on his neck. His shirt was all creased and not on properly. I'd hate to imagine what Haruhi looked like right now. Probably a lot worse.

"You know Ranka is going to kill you." I laughed.

"Yoshio would kill you if he knew you and Kyoya did it." He said. "Anyway, how is the shadow king?"

"He's weak but at home. I think he's just tired. He said he'll be at school tomorrow." I smiled. He nodded.

"I don't think Haruhi will be walking in the morning." He smirked. My face scrunched up as he added a little bit of unneeded information about how he was doing it with her.

"Are you coming in, or going back to your woman?" I asked. He looked down the hall as if he was debating which one he wanted to do. If I had stopped what he had but with Kyoya, and he asked me this i'd be shooting back to Kyoya.

"I wanna come in and talk to you, but I don't want to keep Haruhi waiting." He said. I nodded in understandment and pushed him down the corridor slightly.

"Go then" I smiled.