Chapter 1 - I Want To Know What Love Is

Artpiece Edited by krispybee12

Deadpool POV

I stepped out from the brick building situated in one of the darkest, shadiest, revolting areas of Brooklyn, thumbing through several hundred-dollar bills. I raised my thumb to the area of my mask where my mouth would be if it were on the outside, motioning the action of adding saliva to my thumb to make spreading the bills easier. I stuffed the wad of cash into one of the several pouches on my belt and proceeded to adjust my crotch beneath the red and black suit that was quite frankly, my second skin.

{Did you mention that you often shower in that suit?}

"Honestly, voice...we just met," I answered.

Hey readers, I should probably clear a few things up before we continue. Whenever you see these { } they are referring to that looney voice in my head –

(What about me?)

% And me! %

I rolled my eyes before hanging my head in my hands and then placed my hands on my hips.

Yes okay, different symbols equal different voices, but the point is that YOU, TOO, get to experience the voices in my head. Side-note: The author is NOT accepting any therapy bills for reading this story. Back to our regularly scheduled program!

I had just finished making a deal with yet another power-hungry mafia crew that surprise, surprise, wanted to be the cream of the crop. In order to do this, they needed the only rival crew exterminated and knew that the 'Merc with a Mouth' was the man for the job.

That's me by the way...just in case you haven't read my comics or seen that movie where that super hunk Ryan Reynolds played me? Anyway...

I don't often take jobs that cross comic universes, but when I do...you better believe it's gonna to be epic! This particular job resided in Gotham City, isn't that the Batboy's turf? I hadn't figured out exactly how I was going to get to said Emo-Town, but anything can happen, right? I walked past an alleyway and what I saw made me back pedal. I rolled my shoulders and rubbed my hands together in anticipation. Cross-universe teleportation could wait; right now, I was itching for a little action. It had literally been 24 hours since I drew even an ounce of blood from ANYONE, and it was time to scratch!

Harley POV

I laid in bed, starin' up at the ceilin' as I twirled my fingers around my bleached locks, specifically the side dyed blue on the ends. I let out a deep sigh as I turned my head to check the time on my 'Hello Kitty' digital clock set. I suddenly flipped over onto my stomach with a huff and cocked my head at the stuffed beaver that was sittin' on my nightstand, starin' blankly at me.

{Face it toots...you're lonely.}

My headed lifted up off the bed then as I stared on at the beaver in shock, not because he talked, oh no, he's talked to me fer years now, but because he said I was lonely?! What nerve!

"Have ya lost yer marbles, Bernie? I got Ivy now," I retorted as I pushed myself up into a sittin' position on my bed and crossed my arms firmly over my chest, making a pouty face.

{You know when you go into that same deli you've always gone to and get the salami every time because it was just something you preferred, but then all the sudden, you started getting the roast beef every time because you thought you should change it up?}

Here I thought I was the crazy one. Bernie had this habit of usin' these crazy analogies instead of just spittin' it out. Suddenly though, I got it. Score!