Chapter 5- Peach Pills

"Is he awake?"
"No."
The woman's voice woke me up from my sleep. I didn't open my eyes. For the past few days, she asked the same question and when the boy says no she enters the room and starts cleaning my wound however when every I open my eyes she runs out of the room before I see her and I don't hear from her again till the next morning. This has been ongoing on for two days now and I still haven't seem her.

Soft foot steps alert me to her presence next to me. I had talked great care in positioning my head in the direction of my wound so I could see her easier. I felt the bloody cloth taken off my shoulder then her soft hands touch my shoulder. A fresh dam towel is then placed on my shoulder.

"The bleeding slowed down but hasn't stopped." The woman sighed as she cleaned my wound again then rewrapped a bandage around it.
"What should we do?"
"I have an idea but you mustn't tell anyone about his Fuuta."
"Okay."

I slightly opened my eyes so I could see what she was doing. It was open enough that I could see everything but closed enough that they looked closed.
The woman had brown hair and brown eyes. Her kimono was a casual blue kendo kimono with a sea foam green haori. A black scarf hung around her neck and in her hands was a small glass bottle filled with tiny pink pills.

"What is it?"
"Peach pills. A miracle cure used by the gods."
"How did you get them? A human would be lucky enough to have one let alone a whole bottle."
"That I can't tell you." She opened the bottle and took out a single pill. "One should be enough to heal his wounds." She muttered before placing the pill in my mouth.
"Miss. Are you a god?" The boy asked to which she chuckled.
"No, but, I do have a very close acquaintance with one."
"Which one." The boy asked getting excited."
"The god of match making." She smiled as she placed her palm on my forehead. "His temperatures gone down." Sighing with relief as she replaced the cork in the bottle before standing up and leaving. "Oh, and Fuuta. Please don't tell anyone about the peach pills."
"Okay miss." The boy replied as the woman left the room.
I closed my eyes again.
I saw her and she was surprisingly beautiful for a human but I'm have more questions.

Who is she?
How can a human woman have relations with a god?
Why is she trying to protect me?
And why is she hiding from me?

-Kaiyōs POV-

"Nanami?" I stepped into our room but Nanami wasn't there. I placed the peach pills on the futon and sat down on mine.

We've been in the past for three days now and we are still no closer to finding Kuromaro. Tomoe is now getting better and we will be leaving after he gets better but I know that Nanamis body can't stay in the past for much longer so we need to hurry.

"Kaiyō?" Yukiji poked her head into the room.
"Yeah?"
"I need to talk to you and Nanami."
"Sure." I stood up and followed Yukiji to the kitchen.
Nanami was kneeling down at the table.

"I need to go into town for a few days."
"Why?"
"My father recently received a proposal for my marriage and I'm going to go meet him."
"Your getting married?" Yukiji nodded.
"If the meeting goes well."
"I don't know if I feel happy for you. I'm not a big fan of arranged marriage." I said.
"This is what I want. I lost my family at a young age so I don't remember what a real family feels like. This is my chance."
"But your father..."
"He's not my biological father. He only adopted me because of my beauty."
"I'm so happy for you Yukiji!" Nanami announced before she hugged Yukiji.
"If it's what you want the I can't complain. I'm happy for you."
"When are you leaving?" Nanami asked
"Tomorrow and I don't what you to to be gone by the time I get back."
"How long?"
"A few days. Not long." We only have a few more days in the past and Tomoe only has 5 days to live. We can't stay for that long.
"I don't..."
"Sure!" Nanami butted in.
"Great! I have to go pack now." Yukiji left the room.

"Nanami! We only have five more days to find Kuromaro. We don't have time for this." I snapped under my breath.
"I know. We can stay here till we get a pin point of Kuromaros location. Just so we don't have to sleep outside."
"Fine. But the second we know where to find him, we leave." Nanami nodded in agreement.
"Good. Any way, I gave Tomoe a peach pill. He should be better soon."
"Great!"
"But, Fuuta knows that I got the pills from a god and I ended up saying that I know the god of match making."
"Does he know it's me?"
"Of course not. But he might if you say it that loudly."
"You said Tomoe out loud." Nanami muttered.
"Fair enough. Let's go clean up. It's time for bed." I said leading Nanami to our room.

I hope we can find Kuromaro in time.

🌊~

Sorry I haven't updated in a while (or written a chapter in a while). I want to say I've been busy but I've been lazy.

Anyway...

Thanks for reading!

Mizuki259
(937 Words)