Chapter 6- Kappa

"Fuuta! Is Ayato awake?"
"No Miss Kaiyō."
"Good." I walked into Tomoes room to see him sleeping.

Yukiji had left this morning so I now had to help Fuuta with the treatment of the wounds but hopefully the pill has helped him heal.
"He hasn't touched his food." I sighed as I picked up the full plate but empty cup. "At least he's looking a lot better." I started to removed the bandages to see no wounds underneath. "He's healed!"
"That's good." Fuuta said as he took the plate into the kitchen then helped me remove the bandages.
"Thanks for your help Fuuta."
"No problem miss." I smiled at the little boy. I had asked Fuuta to call be and Nanami miss when Tomoe was awake and when we where in the same room and Tomoe. He can't know about us. Not yet.

"Does that mean I can go yet?" Tomoes voice asked from behind me.
I squeaked and ran out of the room,hiding behind the wall.
"Why does she do that?"
"Miss Yukiji is very shy." Fuuta covered for me.
"I see."
"Why didn't you eat your food?"
"Wasn't hungry."
"You need to eat in order to get better..."
"I'm already healed. The woman gave me a peach pill." I froze. He was awake or that. Oh no.
"Very well then." Fuuta said before leaving the room.

"Thank you." I whispered to Fuuta before running to find Nanami. I found her on the veranda. "Nanami. Tomoes better now. We need to find Kuromaro." Nanami nodded weakly. "Nanami?"
"I'm fine, just a little fatigued."
"Times running out. We need to get started now." Nanami nodded again just as Fuuta came out.
"Fuuta." Nanami said. "I'm sorry, but Kaiyō and I have to leave."
"Why! Your promised Yukiji that you would stay till she got back."
"I know but we have to go. We're on a time limit."
"I'll miss you!" Fuuta started to sob before Nanami took him in for a hug.
"We'll miss you to Fuuta." I said before getting up. "Nanami we have to go." She nodded and got up to.

"Bye!" Fuuta called to us.
"Bye Fuuta. Who knows. We might meet again!" I called before leaving.
"So what next?"
"There is a legend about a kappa that can call for any god he chooses. We head for its pond and give it something to fix its current problem." Nanami nodded as she listened to what I said.
"Do you know where it is?"
"Not that far from here. We'll find it."

The moon light soon took over the sky as we followed the road all the while I felt like someone was watching us. I listened carefully, to hear a third set of foot steps. I sniffed the air softly to pick up Tomoes scent.
Tomoe was following us. He must have left after Fuuta fell asleep. Hopefully Fuuta is okay and Tomoe didn't attack him.

Suddenly, with out warning, Nanami collapsed.

-Tomoes POV-

I smirked to see two females walking away from the house. I noticed the woman, Yukiji, walking next to another woman in a yellow kimono. The boy was sleeping on the ground in front of me. I decided not to kill him as he wasn't causing any problems.
I followed the girls out of the village, both carrying a bag, showing that they didn't intend on coming back to the village anytime soon.
Now was my chance.

Smirking, I reached out to attack, only to see the other women collapse.
"Nanami!" Yukiji knelt down next to her, barely catching the woman. Yukiji glances up at me.
Her eyes. Only a simple brown yet had so much to tell. She looked at me with sadness, worry, longing and, most surprisingly of all, love. I froze at her glance gently smiled at me before helping the other girl.

I back away slowly and watched from a distance.

"Nanami? Are you okay?" The other woman weakly nodded.
"Times running out." Yukiji mumbles before helping the girl to her feet. "We need to hurry."

They kept on walking.
Who are they? I swear that no women has ever gotten my interests more then these two, especially Yukiji.
After hiding from me for three or so days she smiles at me in a way that she would smile at and old friend or lover.

Sighing, I headed back to my lair. Akura-Ou has probably finished having his fun with the human war by now.

Why can't I get her out of my head?

-Kaiyōs POV-

Relief filled me as I spotted the Kappas pond.
"Hey! Kappa! I need your help!"
"Please don't make such a racket." A drowsy voice called. I watched as the kappa breached the water surface. "What do you want humans?"
"We need you to call for Lord Kuromaro."
"You do realise that the second I call him my home and areas surrounding shall be swallowed by miasma. The price will be quite big." The kappa lazily explained.
"What do you want?" Nanami asked it, finding her straight.
"You see, my back has been driving me crazy for years now but no one has been able to give me something to permanently get rid of the pain. If you find me something that will, I will call for Lord Kuromaro."

I looked over at Nanami and she nodded. For Tomoe.
I reached into my bag and produced the small bottle of peach pills.
"I will give you the full bottle if you call him."
The kappa gawked at to bottle in my hands and started to get excited. "DEAL!" I handed the kappa the bottle and she called out. "He will be here in a few seconds. I shall be off now!" The kappa announced before disappearing.

A sudden wave of fatigue waved over me. No not now!
Nanami and I fell to the ground as the miasma surrounded us.
We where so close.