Chapter 10- Sakura

His fox fire engulfed us and teleported us to who knows where.

The blue flames faded away, revealing soft pink and fushia sakura surrounding us.
I gasped as a soft breeze swiftly shook some petals of and carried them away.
"It's beautiful!"
"It gets better."
"Gah!" I let out a surprised yelp as Tomoe lifted me over his shoulder and jumped into a large sakura tree.
"Put me down." I banded my fists against his back.
He just chuckled at my reaction and put me down.

"Don't do that again." I huffed.
"Promise." He took a step closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.
"Huh? Tomoe?"
"Shh." He hushed me and rested his chin on my shoulder.
"It's beautiful. Thank you. I forget they were in season."  We watched the wind carry the flowers away

"Are you alright? Your pale?" Tomoe asked with concern.
"I'm fine." I shrugged it off before sitting down.
"I need to ask you something." Tomoe said
"Ask away."
"Are you the same woman that I met after we attacked the village. In the rotten house."
"I thought you were going to kill me for sure but it was your actions that made me see you as different from the others."

Sudden nausea took over and I vomited a little in my mouth
"Yukiji?"
"I'm fine."
The next thing I knew I collapsed. There's the long awaited time travel sickness.
"Kaiyō!" Tomoe quickly caught me before I hit the ground.
"Please. Take me back home."
"But..."
"Please Tomoe." I begged. He hesitated but nodded before picking me up and taking me back.
He softly placed me on the veranda and let me lean against a post.

"I have to go." I said softly.
"Why?"
"I can't stop it. I will be gone in a few minutes." Tomoe looked at me sadly. "I promise to see you again." I said before weakly taking his soft, warm hand.
Without warning, Tomoe crashed his lips into mine.
"I love you, but I can tell you love another." He said sadly. I sat in shock for a minute.
I shook my head. "No. I've never loved another."
"Huh? But your hairpin..."
I smiled before pain struck again. "I promise I'll see you again."
"In that case. Give me this." He said before taking my hairpin.
"But..."
"I'll give it back to you when we met next."
I thought for a moment before nodding. I saw his eyes brighten.

"I'll see you soon." He promised before softly kissing me and taking off.
"Sooner then you think." I replied before I was torn back to the present day.

Back I go

🌊~

I just realised that my first book and this book are in the #Kamisamakiss hot folder.

Thanks so much for Reading!

Mizuki259
(468 Words)