The Legend

Legend speaks of a hero, a hero of legend.

When time begins and ends and slips beyond, a hero has always appeared, morals unquestioned.

Courage never wavering, bravery never faltering.

Deeds never judged.

But what if the Hero wasn't right?

In eons past, Hyrule stood has a kingdom of hope and divinity. It was the heart of chivalry, of justice, and of peace. But the time for knights and nobility is gone. While the royal line remains, king and quests have taken a backseat to convenience and commerce. The modern age has arrived in Hyrule.

The transition was interesting. How does a people change when the Heavens have so clearly bestowed so much to their lands? Do they turn their backs on legend, when legend has saved them time and time again? Do they turn their backs on magic, when magic has been so prominent before? Do they turn their backs on the Goddesses, when the Goddesses Themselves have given them life and all they know?

Hyrule hasn't come to terms with all of those answers, but perhaps they have at least begun to cope. Cars replace carriages. The Internet keeps the kingdom connected. Highways span from city to city. Hyrule was a kingdom, but now it's a constitutional monarchy. There remains the king, in his palace and with his crown, but the people govern themselves. No longer lives the fairy tale. Now reigns the digital age.

And yet, history still lingers in Hyrule. Though they have fallen to disrepair, temples of the old way of life remain, shells of their former glory. Perhaps when Hyrule knows better what it will do with the Blade of Evil's Bane, it will be able to fund those monuments of history's restoration. But for now, the structures wait for some unknown purpose.

A purpose that might soon be revealed to Hyrule. But what would be the consequence of stepping back to the past? What has been left to slumber while Hyrule grew up?

And so our story begins...