Mini Boss 1 - Green Variant Wizzrobe

...before falling back on his butt as a blast of magic emerged from the iron container. Shadows whirred through the air, a crackling noise emitting from the dark mass as it twisted through the air. As Link covered his eyes to protect them from getting hit by the particles falling off from the cloud, he could just make out the faintest hint of lines running through the smog, like a graphics card pushing to load tiny details but lagging out instead.

As the magic stretched and clawed over the room, its tail end lifted the chest and waved it around in the air. After a few hard shakes, the shadow managed to dislodge the chest from itself, leaving the huge bulk of shadow suspended in the air. It pulsed with dark energy, waves of magic peeling off it like shadows to reveal the shape below while the dispelled layers barring the entrances to the room in a knotted mess of a tar-like substance.

Link managed to get out of the way of the chest as it careened through the air, a step ahead of it as the massive heap of metal when sailing by behind him. When he turned around to see where it landed, he watched something fall out. The object bounced twice on its ends before falling to the ground with a slight rattle.

With the form inside the shadow becoming more and more apparent, Link glanced one more look at the monster before rushing for the last contents of the chest. His right hand wrapped around the middle of it, his left gripping at the string attaching the ends.

You got the Hero's Bow! This longbow has served Heroes throughout the ages. Its aim is true and its arrows guided by the heavens. Only a true Hero may bear this weapon.

The chime of noise went through one ear and out the other as Link stared down the monster. String at full draw, an arrow materialized against the string. A quiver thumped against Link's back. Link closed his right eye, narrowing on the now fully formed figure hovering above him.

Face cast in shadows by a wide brimmed, lime green wizard hat was a figure wearing robes the same shade as his hat. The robes were lumpy and indistinct, leaving Link to only guess at what kind of figure was beneath the robe. A wand managed to escape the large sleeves dangling over the creature's hands, a small trail of sparks dripping down from the tip of it. As it finished materializing, Link let go of the bowstring.

Bobbing its arms up and down, the monster spun around before vanishing into thin air, a few sparks lingering where it had once been. Link's arrow passed through the air where the monster had once been before clattering to the ground on the other side of the room. Link yanked another arrow out of the quiver, notching it as he waited for the monster to reappear. He had given up trying to figure out why picking up these weapons had felt so natural to him. He wasn't sure he would like the answer he found if he kept asking.

With a eerie cackle, the floating wizard reappeared, twirling its wand around before a long vine erupted from the tip. The vine snapped around the wizzrobe's head like a whip, before cracking and coming crashing down towards Link.

Pulling the arrow free of the string, Link threw himself sideways into a roll. As he landed back on his feet, he aim the arrow once more, sending it flying before he really had time to aim. The arrow scraped down the vine, piercing through the wizzrobe's hat and hanging there as the wizzrobe turned to face Link again, drawing back its wand to once again snap its vine whip.

Link however was ready for a second shot before the monster had the chance to launch another attack. This time the arrow collided with the wizzrobe's chest, sinking into its robes until it disappeared. Wherever it disappeared to didn't matter, what did matter was that the monster lost its balance and collapsed to the ground with a loud screech and a heavy thud. Its robes billowed around it as the vine withered and died off from the wand, the wizzrobe taking labored breaths as it struggled to clutch at its one weapon.