Boss 1 - Ravenous Vine Mouth Phuyus

...into the gaping wound the plant had made in the side of the wall. Link leapt, as high and far as he could, only barely managing to scrape past the pile of rubble before he tumbled through the air to the floor three feet below. He rolled over himself, before skidding around to face the beast as it loomed its fanged mouth overhead him, waiting for him to turn to face it as it grinned down at him.

The monster bobbed its head back and forth, maw agape and tongue lolled out as silvia drooled between those pointed teeth. Its orange-ish red head contrasted the deep greens on the vine it was suspended on, thorns and all. That vine went up and up to the crown of the ceiling, deep into the crevice it had been coiled into while it had been sleeping.

Below, Link could see the massive grate had moved, and now an excess of water pooled into the space below. If he fell, he was aiming for that. Falling was better than getting eaten. That thing only needed to take one bite and Link would be history. Possibly not even that.

The plant monster kept its distance though, hovering far enough out of reach that Link doubted he would be able to strike it with his sword. He wasn't sure he wanted to try, not with how close it would have him from being plant food to get into range of that thing's head. Baiting it just seemed reckless and stupid, and Link hadn't survived this long to get swallowed for doing something stupid like that.

He would rather try stunning it, probably by aiming at the thinner parts of the beast's neck. That would mean gaining some height on it, having to out race it up the pit to get above its head, but with the skulltulas gone, Link didn't have any other obstacles for that. He just had to outrun the plant's head and avoid getting bitten off of the wall while he was climbing.

Link jumped forward, sprinting around the monster's head until he was far enough behind its head he felt like he had enough time to climb the first level up the pit. He threw himself up, scrambling over the vines until he pulled himself up to the next level, and began sprinting again as the head turned to face him.

Despite his new position, the monster only turned its head. It barely rose to face him, still lingering half way between this floor and the floor he had been on. As Link sprinted around the monster again, he found out why. While Link was running, the monster dunked its head down into the pool of water below. When it drew its head back, it gargled the water for a moment between its fangs before spewing the now toxic water in Link's direction. The poisonous miasma lingered in the air, chewing at the vines until they grew weak and withered. Slowly, new vines began to take their place, but Link had more than one reason to avoid the spray. The greenish color already told him he didn't want to pass through it.

"I have rebuilt the hole the creature made in the wall," the Restoration commented as Link swung up to the next level.

"Thanks," Link grumbled, turned on his heels as he retreated back the way he came. It looked like the monster wasn't just going to follow him in one direction clockwise around the room. Unfortunately for it, Link had spotted a weak spot in the vines before it could completely catch up to him. He pulled back his bow, shooting an arrow off before the monster had time to track him.

As the arrow embedded itself into the monster's neck, the creature recoiled, thrashing its head around wildly until it collided with the wall. The blow stunned beast, and it collapsed, its long tongue lolling out of its mouth. When Link fired another arrow at the tongue, the whole thing shuddered in pain.

Drawing his sword, Link took a dive over the side of the pit. His sword pitched down, he slowed his fall by piercing his blade through the monster's tongue, before following up the airborne attack with a barrage of small slashes. Each time, the monster shuddered and recoiled with pain, before finally it drew its tongue back into its mouth and hoisted its head back into the air. It shook itself for a moment, before unleashing a roar.