Sisters?

[Spoiler] Wolf on the left is Icecream, wolf on the right is Bella (Sorry it's a little blurry on the right)

_________________________________

(The next day)

A couple days had passed since the incident, and Mikayla was laying on the beach at the edge of the forest, letting the sun warm her fur. This is the best way for a girl to spend her day, she thought lazily. Listening to the waves slowly lapping at the shore, Jelly let herself doze for a little while.

"Will anyone be my sister?" Jelly overheard someone talking nearby. Opening one eye, Mikayla peered around, searching for the source of the voice.

Then she spotted a female wolf, younger than her she guessed, considering she was smaller than Mikayla. She had a light blue fur with black stripes and a white underbelly.

She's looking for a sister? Is it some kind of roleplay? Seems a little odd to just go asking strangers to be your sister... Jelly thought, watching as she trotted from wolf to wolf, asking the same question. Standing up, Mikayla stretched before padding over to her.

"Will anybody be-"

"I will"

The young wolf turned around and grinned at Mikayla. "Really? Great! My name is Bella, what's yours?"

Mikayla smiled back. "I'm Mikayla," she responded. The young wolf looked confused.

"Mikayla? That's a weird name. You're not from around here are you?"

Now it was Mikayla's turn to be confused. "What are you talking about?" But Bella ignored her question, instead circling her.

"Hmm.... your fur color kinda reminds me of grape jelly... that's it! Your new name can be Jelly!"

Newly named Jelly smiled with pride. Jelly... I like that name.

"Come on! You can come meet my other sister, Icecream!" Bella waved her tail at Jelly before running off into the bushes at the edge of the sandy beach.

(At Bella's den)

"Icecream! Icecream come meet our new sister!" Bella called into the den. It was around the same size as Jelly's, but it was much more decorated, with flowers hanging from vines around the entrance. I'll have to keep that in mind, Jelly thought, making a mental note.

A furry black and blue head popped out of the den and looked over Bella's shoulder. The wolf, who Jelly assumed was Icecream, looked very much alike to Bella, although her fur was mostly black with blue stripes. She also had light blue eyes, different from Bella's turquoise ones.

"Oh, hello!" The wolf called. She looked about Bella's age. "I'm Icecream, what's your name?"

"I'm Jelly," she replied, remembering the new name Bella had given her. "Nice to meet you Jelly!" With a glance at Bella she added, "You know, Bella never said she was going to find another sister."

"Eh..." Bella glanced around the area, avoiding eye contact with her sister.

Jelly laughed at Bella's reaction. These two seem really nice, and they aren't really tense like some of the wolves I've seen. I think I'm gonna like this family.

_________________________________

New name, new friends! I wonder how Jelly's brother and best friend is doing...

Find out in the next chapter! Don't forget to like, comment, and vote! 😉

~Rattie