Party Time!

(Don't start the music till I say)

__________________________________

Jelly wandered into the main clearing of the forest, searching for something to do. The other wolves liked to call this area Jamaa. (A/N: Pronounced Jam-uh)

She was in high spirits from having fun with Bella and Icecream earlier that day. They had given her a more detailed tour of the forest, telling her about what certain places were called and what most wolves used them for. Jelly was lost in thought when she suddenly saw a flash of bright blue.

She walked closer until she could see exactly what it was. A dark gray wolf was wearing black headphones with bright blue patterns on it that almost seemed to glow.

She was so busy looking at his headphones that she didn't notice he was saying something rather loudly.

"I'm throwing a dance party at my den! I got plenty of snacks for you guys, so don't think you'll go hungry!"

Lots of other wolves came up to him asking for directions, so Jelly guessed it was gonna be a large party. Excited, she padded over to him.

"Where is your den?"

He glanced at her. "Go in that direction until you hear a lot of people. That's where it is." He said, pointing to a trail going East, away from Jamaa.

Nodding her thanks, she followed the trail for about 15 minutes. She had spent hours with her sisters, so by the time she arrived at the den, the sun was setting.

Strobe lights of many different colors flashed in the night, lighting up the whole area. Suddenly Jelly heard music being turned on.

(Start the music)

She stepped onto a raised stage where most of the wolves were dancing.

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums
Oh what a shame that you came here with someone

Suddenly she caught a glimpse of a familiar black and gray pelt.

"Nathan!"

Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young!

She ran over to her best friend, smiling. "It's been so long since I've seen you!" She shouted, trying to be heard over the loud music.

"Yeah! And I made a couple friends. They said my name was a bit weird, so they gave me a new one! My name is Pouncing now."

"Yeah, my friends said Mikayla was an odd name too! My new name is Jelly. Kinda fits don't you think?"

"Yeah, you're purple and round, like an oversized grape!" Pouncing laughed as Jelly swatted him with her tail. "I'm kidding!"

Jelly laughed and shoved him towards the dance floor. Before he could regain his balance, Jelly ran past him, joining the other wolves. Pouncing followed her up on the dance floor.

Syncing themselves with the beat, they began to dance this way and that. Jelly even twirled around a couple times, bumping into other wolves by accident.

Young hearts, out our minds
Runnin' till we outta time
Wild childs, lookin' good
Livin' hard just like we should

Just then, Pouncing spotted the snack tables off to the side. "C'mon Jelly! Let's take a break and eat!" He called behind him, already running over.

When they got there they saw an assortment of snacks and drinks. They grabbed a couple things each and sat down, curling their tails over their paws and watching everyone else while they ate.

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums
Oh what a shame that you came here with someone
So while you're here in my arms
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young!

Jelly noticed a familiar looking blue and white female wolf dancing. It's Zebra! She recognized her immediately. Getting up, she stalked over to her.

She must have smelled her scent, because Zebra turned around when Jelly was a short distance away. "Oh, hey..."

"What's wrong?" Jelly asked, surprised to see a sad look in Zebra's eyes.

"Well... Major cheated on me." She said, referring to the black and white wolf with yellow eyes.

"Oh... well, it's a party, so cheer up and dance!"

Zebra turned to look at Jelly again, her blue fur glowing from the strobe lights. "Ok."

Young hunks, taking shots
Stripping down to dirty socks
Music up, gettin' hot
Kiss me, give me all you got

It's pretty obvious that you've got a crush (you know)
That magic in your pants, it's making me blush (for sure)

Looking for some trouble tonight (yeah)
Take my hand I'll show you the wild side
Like it's the last night of our lives (uh huh)
We'll keep dancing till we die (till we die)

~Time Skip~

After the party, Jelly couldn't find Pouncing. Padding back over to Zebra, they started walking into the forest, away from the den, talking along the way. When they arrived, they stopped in front of Jelly's den. "Well, see you later Zebra." Jelly said, about to enter her den.

"Wait!"

Turning around, Jelly saw Zebra staring at the ground. "I- I wanted to know if... maybe... we could be friends?" She said quietly.

Jelly smiled. "Of course! You're an amazing wolf Zebra."

Zebra's eyes brightened. "Thanks! Well, I'll see you tomorrow maybe."

When she left, Jelly stepped into her den and curled up on her bed of grass.

Today was great... I wish everyday could be like this, she thought, drifting off to sleep.

__________________________________

Hope you enjoyed!

Be sure to vote, comment, and follow me! 😉

~Rattie