Chapter 5:

"Barbara, pull over." Nancy ordered.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Pull over!" She ordered again, this time louder.

Barbara obeyed and stopped the car. I watched confused.

Barb turned and faced Nancy. "What are we doing here? His house is three blocks away."

Nance looked at her in slight disbelief. "We can't park in the driveway."

"Are you serious?" Barb asked annoyed.

"Yeah. The neighbors might see." Nancy nodded. 

"This is so stupid. I'm just gonna drop you off." Barb shook her head.

Barb reached to start driving again but was stopped by Nancy.

"Calm down. Barb. Come on. You promised that you'd go, you're coming. We're gonna have a great time." Nancy gave her a reassuring look before glancing back at me.

"He just wants to get in your pants." I glared.

Nancy let out a laugh. "No he doesn't."

"Nance. Seriously?" Barb asked.

Her tone was much more louder and fed up. Nancy turned and looked at her.

"He invited you to his house." Barb pointed out.

Nancy gave her a 'so' look.

"His parents aren't home." She added.

"Come on you are not this stupid." I spoke up.

Nance glanced between the two of us. "Tommy H and Carol are going to be there."

"Tommy and Carol have been having sex since like seventh grade." Barb shook her head. "It will probably be like a big orgy."

"Gross." Nancy muttered.

"I'm serious." Barb signed.

Nancy reached to take off her shirt. "Alright. Well. You two can be like my guardian. Alright? Make sure I don't get drunk and do anything stupid."

Barb sighed defeatedly and Nancy fully took off her shirt. Barb glanced down and looked back up at Nancy.

"Is that a new bra?" Barb questioned with a raised eyebrow.

She looked at Barb and looked down. "No."

I let out a laugh and Barb glanced back at me.

------------

I trailed behind Nancy and Barbara as we walked up to Steve's door. You could hear the music being played from indoors and it was still pretty loud. We reached the porch and Nancy rang the doorbell. I glanced at Barb before looking back at the door. Barb breathed out nervously and Nancy looked over at her.

"Barb chill." Nance said.

"I'm chill." Barbara looked at

Nancy glanced back at me and then back to the door right as it opened. Both doors opened, the music instantly becoming louder and Steve looked at the three of us.

He stepped forward slightly and put his hand on his hip, the other still on the door. "Hello ladies."

----------

The six of us were out by Steve's pool. I sat on the chairs with Barbara and Nancy while Tommy was threatening to throw Carol into the pool and she was screaming bloody murder. Footsteps made me look up from the water to see Steve shotgunning a beer bottle. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the water.