Chapter 15:

My head snapped up. "What? Eleven. What do you mean?"

She remained quiet and I inched closer to the edge of the pool. There's no way they could be in the upside down.

"Gone." She said once again.

My world crashed.

"No." I shook my head.

Jonathan grabbed my hand and I let go of Nancy's. He pulled me closer and I buried my face in his chest. They can't be gone.

"Lee?" Mike asked.

I remained quiet and no one made a noise.

"Castle Byers."

My head slightly turned to look at Eleven and we all looked around excitedly. I held my breath, waiting for hopefully good news.

"Will." Eleven said.

Joyce gasped and I squeezed Jonathan's hand.

"Tell him I'm coming. Mom is coming." Joyce spoke up.

"Your mom is coming for you." Eleven repeated through the speaker.

Will's voice came through the walkie talkies. "Hurry."

"Tell him to stay where he is. We're coming. We're coming. Okay. We're coming." Joyce said quickly.

I looked up at Jonathan and he was holding his breath.

"Just hold on a little longer. Will. Will." Eleven said, ending the sentence louder.

She stopped talking for a few seconds. A noise came from the walkie talkie and Eleven shot up out of the pool. I sat there, not knowing what to do and being overcome with sadness. Joyce held Eleven as she started crying and the rest of us sat there quietly.

-------------

I rushed out of the gym and away from the others as soon as I could. Sitting against the wall, pulling my knees to my chest, I started crying. The door opened and I looked kept my gaze down.

"Lee?" She asked quietly.

I slowly looked up and her eyes filled with even more sadness at the sight of me crying. She joined my side but we didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry about Barb." I spoke.

"Same but with Lori and Angel too." Nancy said.

Nancy and I quietly sat side by side, a gap between us. The door opened and then slammed closed. Jonathan sat between us and we all sat there quietly.

"We have to go back to the station." Nancy spoke.

Jonathan and I turned to look at her.

"What?" Jonathan asked.

"Your mom and Hopper are just walking in there like bait. That thing is still in there and we can't just sit here and let it get them too. We can't." Nancy said as she stared straight ahead.

Jonathan took a deep breath and dropped his hand from his knee to my hand. It wrapped around mine and I grabbed it back.

"You still want to try it out?" He asked.

"I want to finish what we started. I want to kill it." Nancy said.

They both looked at me and I nodded.

-----------

The three of us entered the police station and snuck by an officer who was watching television. Jonathan led the way and opened the door to Hopper's office. He grabbed the box off the desk and walked out. As we walled out, Nancy grabbed a fire extinguisher and followed him out, me trailing behind.