Chapter 11:

I heard the monster and took off running. It was dark and cold and I couldn't see anything but I just kept running. After losing my way, I stopped and spun in circles.

"Nancy! Jonathan!" I called.

No answer. I heard the monster getting closer so I took off running again. Everytime I yelled for them I would get nothing except the creature's growling.

"No." I muttered, coming to a stop.

I was lost and didn't know where to go. Nancy and Jonathan weren't anywhere. I was alone and scared.

"Someone!" I called.

Looking around for any sign was hopeless as it was all just trees. I fell to the ground and started crying. The monster was getting closer but I didn't know what else to do.

"Lee!" Someone screamed.

"Jonathan? Nancy?" I asked pushing myself to my feet.

"Lee!" The voice yelled again.

I took off running. When I turned a corner I stopped at the sight of the creature. It saw me and I was frozen to the spot.

"Lee!" The voice was becoming unfamiliar and louder.

The creature moved towards me and I couldn't move. As the creature launched itself at me I heard my name one last time.

I opened my eyes, gasping for air. Nancy and Jonathan were hovering over me with concerned and worried looks.

"Lee." Nancy breathed out.

I sat up and looked between the two of them.

"It was cold and dark." I whispered, not knowing what else to say.

They looked at each other.

"What did you see?" Nancy asked looking back at me.

I shook my head. "I... I can't."

"You can't what?" Jonathan asked.

"It was a dark version of the forest. Where I went last night." I looked at them with a scared look.

"Did you get sleep last night?" Jonathan asked changing the subject.

"I got little." I shrugged.

"Just go back to sleep." Nancy said.

"I can't. I'll just go back there and I don't want to." I shook my head.

They remained quiet.

"I saw it. The creature. It was feeding on the deer." I spoke.

Nancy stood up and walked over to her vanity. After grabbing the picture she walked back over.

"This creature?" She asked holding the picture to me and pointing to the faceless figure.

I nodded.

"That means if Will and Barb..." Nancy went wide eyed.

"My mom said she talked to Will. If he's alive there's a chance Barbara is too." Jonathan said looking between Nancy and I.

"But that means that she's trapped." Nancy looked at him.

They stared at each other and the room got quiet.

It was my turn to speak up. "We have to find it again."

"You wanna go back out there?" Jonathan asked me.

"Maybe we don't have to." Nancy said, the face she gets when she has an idea showing.

"When she saw it, it was feeding on that deer. Meaning it's a predator, right?" She started.