Chapter 18:

*a month later*

I sat on the steps as the boys played another campaign in the basement of the Wheeler's home.

"Something is coming. Somethimg angry. Hungry for your blood. It is almost here." Mike said dramatically.

"What is it?" Will asked.

"It's the thessalhydra, I'm telling you." Dustin shook his head. 

"It's not the thessalhydra." Lucas shook his head.

"I'm telling you, it's the thessalhydra." Dustin repeated.

Mike slammed a game piece on the board. "It's the thessalhydra."

The three other boys groaned and sat back.

Dustin slammed his hand down on the table. "Damn it."

"It roars in anger. Will, your action." Mike looked up at the boy across from him..

"What should I do?" Will asked looking at his best friends.

"Fireball him!" Lucas exclaimed.

The boys looked over at Dustin. He leaned forward and put his hand on his chin.

"Fireball the son of a bitch." Dustin agreed.

Will grabbed the dice and rolled. They started screaming in victory.

"Direct hit! Will the Wise's fireball hits the thessalhydra. It makes a painful..." Mike started before making a weird screeching sound. "And then it crumbles to the ground. Its clawed hand reaches for you one last time and..."

Mike repeated 'and' before falling to the ground dramatically. Lucas, Dustin, and Will screamed in victory and I smiled. Mike got back in his seat as the boys moved around the room in celebration and continued.

"Lucas cuts off its seven heads and Dustin places them into his bag of holding." Mike continued.

Dustin held up the bag in truimph as the boys sat down in their seats.

"You carry the heads out of the dungeon victorious and you present them to King Tristan. He thanks you for your bravery and service." Mike concluded.

"Woah!" Dustin exclaimed. "That's not it, is it?"

"No. There's a medal ceremony..." Mike shrugged.

"Oh a medal ceremony." Dustin exclaimed enthusiastically and sarcastically.

"The campaign was way too short." Lucas said.

"Yeah." Will agreed.

"It was ten hours!" Mike defended.

"But it doesn't make any sense."

"It makes sense." Mike disagreed.

"Uh no. Where was the lost knight?" Dustin asked.

Lucas looked at Mike. "And the proud princess."

"And those weird flowers in the cave." Will added.

Before the boys could continue the basement door opened and I turned to see Jonathan. I stood up and he came down the stairs.

"Geez. What's that smell? You guys been playing games all day or just farting?" Jonathan asked, a smile on his face.

The boys laughed slightly and Jonathan wrapped his arm around my waist.

"No. It was just Dustin." Lucas laughed.

Lucas started making farting noises and Dustin was yelling at him.

"Will. Come on." Jonathan said as his arm moved from around my waist.