Stay for lunch

Armin spent all day home to recharge his batteries. Eren called to check on him and offered to pass by, but the blonde made it clear that this quietness was intentional and needed. Hurricane Eden would probably worsen his headache.

It was past 16:30 when Armin decided he would try going for a walk. The weather seemed to have warmed up a little, and he still needed to buy groceries. So he put on some light blue jeans, white shoes and a dark blue sweater with 'FREEDOM' wrote in white font on the front, with white lines surrounding the long sleeves in multiple circles. That one was a gift from Eren and even if it was a little oversized for Armin, he liked it a lot.

Armin was drinking some water and checking the clouds, trying to guess if he needed an umbrella, when he noticed the plastic container, now empty, that Jean let at his door that morning.

I should go and thank him. He bit his lip and considered the idea for a moment. He could just leave a note like Jean seemed to like doing. But Armin was aware that he needed thank his neighbors for all the help he provided.

I wonder if he's home. Should I text? Jean gave him his number, but he probably didn't want to be bothered for no reason. Maybe he did it because he had good manners. Maybe he was trying to be nice and polite.

But Armin couldn't show up at his door out of the blue. What if he's busy? Why if he's not even home? Yeah, I should text him.

And so he did. He took his phone out again.

< Are you home? I'm Armin, your neighbor. I want to return the soup container.

It felt a little odd to text a stranger. It's not a complete stranger, though, he tried convincing himself. They were neighbors, and neighbors help each other.

>Yup. Want me to go for it? Are you feeling weak?

>No. I'll take it to your apartment.

He is indeed a nice person. Armin grabbed his keys, then, run out the door. The boy got a bit dizzy while taking his first steps up the stairs. The idea of a walk wasn't as attractive anymore, getting dizzier by the time he reached his destination. He waited for his breathing to calm down before facing his neighbor. He tried staying in good shape, yet in those moments it felt useless. No matter how hard you work, sickness will push you to your knees.

He knocked twice and heard steps approaching the door. A sudden bump disturbed the atmosphere, a loud noise as if someone or something fell. Short after the door finally opened and Jean appeared from behind it rubbing his right arm with an embarrassed expression.

"Hi." Jean smiled briefly and turned around walking back inside the apartment. Armin was about to give him the bag and get out but Jean didn't wait so Armin walked in and closed the door behind him.

The apartment was similar to his, same distribution of rooms but with totally different decoration. There were things thrown here and there with no coherence, two guitars carefully arranged on one side of the living room, a couch with a bunch of clothes covering it, boxes of pizza on a coffee table, the TV on the same table... Yeah, it seemed Jean was still trying to organize.

"Sorry, I'm cooking something..." Armin heard Jean speak from the kitchen and walked slowly in that direction, so carefully his steps were almost inaudible. Armin found Jean squatting down in front of the oven and the smell spreading around the room was Armin making Armin's mouth water up.

"Don't be. I'm the one who's interrupting you." Armin mumbled like if he didn't want to disturb Jean's concentration. He was so nervous and dizzy Armin felt his knees trembling again.