Hearing is Believing

This isn't much, but I'll make a longer chapter next time.

****

The four animals trot down the path that leads back to the campsite. Hawk announced that they are nearly to where they got in trouble by the campers.

Moments later they began to listen to familiar voices they've heard before. Hawk hunkered down in the tree line as well as the other animals to ready their greeting.

****

"I don't know how it happened, I just heard the bear talk!" Donnie said pacing back and forth.

"That's impossible, bears can't talk.  What are you? Dr. Doolittle?" Raph jokes.

"I'm serious, Raph!"

Then a few rustling noises from the bushes had the four brothers stop talking. They turn to brush and see them again; four animals facing four turtles in camp. Leo, Raph, and Mikey flinched backward for a quick surprise of large creatures.

"They're huge." Mikey comments.

"He did hear me speak." The bear said to the other three, Don smiled.

"See? Look, she's talking to me right now. I'm not crazy!"

"I don't hear anything. You're making it up, Donnie. The-The bear or the other animals can't talk."

"Yes, we can! We're saying a dozen sentences and you can't hear?" Shado steps forward with a growl.

"Whoa! I-I can hear the cheetah, too!" Donnie exclaimed. "Guys... keep an open mind! That's what I've had the whole time to hear them speak."

Leo sighed because he was annoyed with the nonsense his brother keeps yapping about. But he'll buy it for now...

"Fine! I'll try..."

Hawk grinned inside her head. Leo seemed trustworthy if she ever got to know him. She chose him to see if he could hear her.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" Something is coming inside Leo. It knocks on the door to let him know if it's alright to enter. Leo's eyes close. "Leonardo, right? I'm Hawk. Look up if you can hear me."

Leo snaps his head up quickly with bright eyes to face the wild dog. He smirks. "No way... nice to meet you, Hawk."

"Wait, you can hear the wolf? Her name is Hawk?" Donnie asked as Raph starts laughing.

"Wow, you guys are dorks. Believing these animals can talk!"

"Don't believe us? Try it on the white tiger." Said Donnie.

"Whatever." The second oldest kneels down, eye level with the emerald color eyes of the white tiger.

Kri stares into his hazel eyes mixed in with yellow, she chuffed for a hello. "You have to believe sometime, Raphael."

Raph gasps.

"I'm Kri."

He laughs. "Ha! This is unbelievable. Am I imagining this?"

"No, you're definitely not imagining. You can hear us." Hawk told him.

"I wanna try." Mikey smiled coming to the cheetah. Shado sits down patiently and gives a friendly chirp. "An open mind."

Hawk, Griz, Kri, Leo, Raph, and Donnie watch Mikey and Shado make a connection with each other's company and amazing spirits.

Mikey says, "Hello. I'm Mikey and these are my brothers. What's yours?"

"I'm Shado. My friends are Hawk, Kri, and Griz."

"Her name is Shado." Donnie said. "Did you catch that?"

"Trust me, big bro. I heard her. Nice to meet you, Shado." Mikey chuckles.

"We're not alone anymore."

"I'd say we'll make great friends." Said Leo.

"Well, maybe more than that..." Griz groans quietly.

"What?" Raph questioned.

"Uh, nothing." Kri growls.