In exchange for his life

   The trees provide shade from the sun. It feels like summer but shouldn’t it be fall? I free-run across the islands created by the mash using my speed to not step in to the swamp. I don’t know where I am going or what he looks like. I will kill them all if it’s not obvious. I pause as I coup d’oeil through the verdigris green to the tree tops. I spot smoke rising which could be a camp or a chimney. Raring in body I make my way towards the supposed source of the signal. I hear boots thumping heavily against the Earth, twelve or thirteen men in all from the sounds of it. I climb into a tree to get a better view. As I perch on the branch facing the camp I catch a breeze that feels soothing. As I look over I count twelve guards running around cleaning up camp. Black tanks, black boots, and baggy blue jeans seem to be their uniform. I wonder who they could be protecting all the way out here.  The templar bothering her couldn’t be a high rank if he lives all the way out here besides that I know all important names by heart. I decide to observe a little longer. The person they’re guarding never leaves the tent. Maybe it was my lack of patience or from my legs cramping but I drop down on a guy and put my hidden blade into his throat. Taking that blade I stick it into the guy closest to him and has he bends to catch his breath he meets my other blade instead. In that time some of his blood gets on my shoe which is a bummer. I rush over to a group of four two have their backs turned and the other two are talking. I put my blades into the place their spines should be. I widely slash at the other two chests before leaping forward onto them while thrusting my blades into their necks. I lean up and look back to see I’m still undetected.

     I catch the scent of an odd type of smoke. I take the bodies and drag them into different areas of tall grass. At least this is what I think is considered grass in a swamp. I could ask Ave about this later. I put my blades away and grab my tomahawk while I scan for the source of the smell. I spot a butch smoking a cigar under a tree all by himself plus out of sight. Obviously aware of his susceptible state he is alert to his environment. I can tell because he almost tried to murder a leaf as it blew by his blind side. I flick my tomahawk into his head which he isn’t fast enough to spot in time. As I come over to retrieve it I notice that his blood had gushed over a lot of the blade. I remove it and wipe as much as I could on his shirt. As I look up to scan for the others I notice all guards have regrouped on a tent unquestionably the only tent in this medium sized camp. Tossed on the ground outside the tent was a small child. Curly jet black hair that reaches just below her ears, skin of a complexion darker than mine own, her eyes extremely light hazel, a mere towel which ends were sewn together covered her. I watched her in awe at this poor girl who has scabs, cuts, and other injuries at such a tender age. A few seconds later a man obviously a red coat even though his red jacket is not on him comes out and looks over the girl before kicking her.

    He kicked her and kicked yet she made no sound as if she was on mute. I felt a pierce in my hands and look down to see that is was from my own fingers clenching so fiercely that it hurt my palm. The other five watching seemed to be entertained by his attacks.

“Wait one moment you nim dwits! There is only three…four…five of you! Where are the other seven?” The man hollers.

    The child rolls over and looks to the sky as the guards just move side to side in confusion. I climb down some and then leap towards the area the child lays. After stabling myself I look up at them. The leader amazed over looks me giving a nod of approval.

“Let her go.” I demand.

“She stole from us.” He replies.

“If you don’t let her go I will kill you all.”

   He flicks his wrist and the five guards charge at me. I step back to keep her away from this. I use one of my hidden blades as a dagger and my tomahawk as I slash at the oncoming men. Busy dodging and attacking I see a shine I hadn’t seen in a long time. A desert eagle handgun.