Chapter 14: Promise Not To Get Mad

*Noah's POV*

"That's me." Japser laughed.
I smiled. "How are you?"
I never saw him after that one time, but he had spent the whole day with me until finally he had to leave for an appointment.
"I'm fine. How are you? I heard about your father." Jasper paused. "I'm truly sorry about it." He sounded genuine.
"Thanks, and I'm okay. Did you need something?" I walked into the bathroom to avoid everyone else.
"Just wanted to check in on you." Jasper replied. "I was going to pay a visit to your mum, but Stefan told me you moved."
"It's temporary. We needed to come see a few of Mum's friends so we moved." I sighed. "Mum says we should be home within a month."
"You don't sound happy about moving, little one."
I moved to sit on the edge of the tub. "I'm not, but oh well." I laughed. "Doesn't matter really, plus I've always wanted to see London."
"You're in London?" Jasper questioned.
"Yeah."
"Noah." Nancy's voice came from the other side of the door. "Mom wants us upstairs now."
I took the phone away from my ear and covered it. "Okay I'll be up in a second, Nanc."
She mumbled something about it being my funeral as I put the phone back to my ear.
"Sorry, Uncle Jasper, I've gotta go." I said.
"Okay, be good, Noah." With that he hung up.
I ran upstairs nearly tripping over Deanna, who caught me last minute.
"Careful, N." The redhead warned as I braced myself on her. "You don't need anymore bandages today." She laughed, referring back to before the phone call when she was matching my knee, from where I scrapped it.
Ironic, isn't it? How it's always my knee that gets hurt.
"Thanks, Dee." I laughed, removing my hands from her shoulders.
We had over the course of one night became friends. I didn't even want her there, and now I never want her to leave.
"Deanna, Noah, attention, please." Alex tapped his fingers on the dining room table. "This is serious."
Both muttering a sorry, we sat down beside each other.
"Okay we've decided it's time you know why we're really here." Mum began, she was sitting on the arm of the chair Alex sat in.
"It may be a little hard to understand at first." Alex added.
"Oh just tell 'em already." Janna exclaimed. "I was like five when he was loose. They're twelve."
"Janna." Jerica sighed. "You were an exception to everything."
"Geez, sis, thanks." Janna sarcastically replied then turned to face all us kids. "Our uncle is coming to kill us." She blurted.
"What?" Connor questioned quickly, looking between Rafe and Alex skeptically.
"Oh, " Alex chuckled.
"Not us." Rafe finished, raising his hands up in surrender. "We wouldn't kill you." He tried hard to hide a smile.
"Then who are you talking about?" Nancy questioned. "The only other uncle I had was Phillip, and if you tell me it's him. I'm so done."
I had a feeling I knew exactly who Janna meant and if so........ We're all screwed.
Mum frowned. "No it isn't Phillip." She sighed. "I have a brother. Two to be exact, Niklaus and Jasper." She paused, looking around for help. Finally coming to the decision she was alone in this, Mum continued. "Jasper blames me for something that happened years ago, for this reason he wants me dead. But not only me, he wants to kill all of us."
"Well not you kids. He doesn't know you exist." Mack tried to assure us.
Janna scoffed. "Lucky for you lot." She sounded bitter.
Oh, but he does, Aunt Mack, and he knows where we are. I prayed silently that it was a joke, and Jasper wasn't seriously going to kill our parents.
"Uh, Dee," I whispered, nudging the ginger slightly. "We need to talk."
Deanna nodded, grabbing my wrist, together we slipped out the door quietly as questions erupted.
"What is it, N?" Deanna rushed out, her blue eyes locked on mine in concern.
"It's about Jasper." I breathed out.
"What about him?" Deanna asked.
"I.. Um... You see..." I couldn't find the words to say it.
"Naoh," Deanna placed her hands on my shoulders. "Don't freak out on me now. Take a deep breath and tell me what wrong." She said calmingly.
I did as she said before looking down at my shoes. "Promise not to get mad?"
"Promise. Now tell me what's going on."
"Jasper. He knows where we are, or at least that we're in England." I said, my eyes never moving from the floor.
Deanna took me by surprise and hugged me. "How, Noah? What do you mean?"
I told her a summary of what had happened in the past and in the last hour.
"I understand, and believe me when I say it wasn't your fault." Deanna pulled away. "Jasper played you. Besides London is huge." The ginger tried her best to smile, but I could tell she was a little scared.
"I guess you're right." I whispered, panic still raising.
People could die and it would be on me when they did. Just like that day not that long ago.
"Girls, you don't here?" Jerica came bouncing down the stairs. "We still have one person Ellie hasn't talked to yet. We have to go before it's too late." Deanna's mother paused. "Deanna, you're going to stay here with the twins. Levi and Nancy are staying as well. You should be safe here. Jasper doesn't know anything about you." Jerica crossed over to us and pulled us into a group hug. "They want you two upstairs."
Everyone stood by the wooden front door when we arrived. "I suppose Jer filled you in?" Mum asked, lying a hand on my shoulder.
"She did." I answered. "Just be careful, will you? Ellis still needs a mother."
Mum smiled sadly and nodded. "You got it, No." She kissed my head.
Something told me everyone else had already said goodbye.
Janna was the last out the door. "Jasper isn't as they paint him." Janna stated. "He's worse. Be safe and stay inside, okay." Our older sister blew a kiss and shut the door behind her.
"I guess it's just us now." Connor stated the obvious.
"Well come on then let's get something to eat, shall we?" Nancy went to get her coat.
"Wait, we're going out? They just told us to stay here." Deanna looked skeptically at the brunette.
Levi chuckled, tossing his arm over my shoulders. "Do you not understand, Dee? We don't listen to the rules." He told her with a smirk.
Deanna looked at me for help, I only shrugged.
"He's got a valid point, sorry, Deanna." Connor opened the door.
"You can stay here if you like." Nancy offered, but Deanna chose to blindly follow us.
We hadn't made it three feet when a car pulled up in the driveway.
Levi tightened his grip on me as the car shut off and two people got out.
Connor stepped forward to get a better look at the person and froze.

#####################
It's about to go downhill - Izzy