Chapter 22: All Things Must Come To An End

*Noah's POV*

Jasper's house was oddly quiet, not at all how it'd been before.
"Are you sure this will work?" Levi questioned for the billionth time.
"No, but when am I ever sure about anything I do." I replied sarcastically. "Now shush."
Levi held a finger to his lips and nodded. So we proceeded down the corridor.
Jemma's room was upstairs, and the third on the right. We went there first.
"You sure you don't want me to do this one?" He whispered. "I don't want you to have to live with it."
"I'm a big girl, Lee, but thank you." I twisted the doorknob and walked in.
Jemma sat by a window watching the clouds outside.
"Jemma?" I walked closer to her.
The redhead looked up at me with an unpleasant expression. "What do you want, brat?" She demanded.
Forgive me Janna. It's the only way to ensure everyone's safety.
"I-I was told by Grace to bring this up to you, and I forgot." I held out a mug.
Jemma timidly reached out and took it. "Thanks. Now get out of my room."
"Gladly." I turned to walk out, but stopped halfway there, glancing over my shoulder. "Oh and Jemma," I smirked at her as she raised the cup to her lips. "Burn in hell."
Before she could ask, I was out the door.
"You scare me at times." Levi said honestly. "Did she drink it?"
"I saw her take a sip which is all that mattered." I shrugged.
"Who next?"
"Grace. Her room is right here." I put my hand on the handle as I spoke.
"Hey, wait a second." Levi protested. "It's my turn."
"Oh sorry, I forgot." I don't know how since he had the next cup.
"It's okay." Levi pushed open the door and strode in.
I could barely see Grace at her desk.
So I went to wait for him downstairs.
He came down the steps in a couple minutes. "She didn't even question who I was, or why I was bringing her a drink." Levi chuckled.
"Maybe she'll think twice about accepting drinks from strangers in her next life." I joked causing him to smile.
"Jasper and Stefan aren't here. My guess is they are either with our parents, or on the way." I stated with a sigh.
"Well, then, lets go join them." Levi wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we exited the house.
"You're insane, Noah Hendrixs." Levi laughed.
"You ain't so bad yourself, Levi Turner." I giggled.
Is it normal to laugh after doing what we just did? Oh well.....

*Ellie's POV*

I paced the floor waiting for our friends to get here. I wanted this over with and now. I knew what I was doing and just wanted to get it over with.
"Would you stop already, Ellie." Rafe exclaimed. "You're only making me more bloody nervous."
"Sorry." I stopped moving. "I'm just ready to get this over with." I sighed.
I hadn't seen Jasper since I was fifteen. That was ironically fifteen years ago.
"It's perfectly normal to be scared, Eleanor." He got up and walked over to me. "I remember the first time I saw you, you were telling Alex how nothing scared you because your brother was literally Norman Bates." Rafe pulled me into a hug. "I guess the only thing that scares you is him." He kissed my forehead.
I hugged him tightly, knowing it'd be the last time.  "Why are you always right?" I asked, trying hard not to cry.
"Because I'm Rafe, and I know you like the back of my hand." He stated with a smirk. A smirk I hadn't seen in years. A smirk that made me miss being fifteen.
"Thank you." I mumbled.
"For what, British girl?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
I smiled at the nickname. "For never giving up on me." I smiled. "You never stopped even when everyone else did."
"And I never will." Rafe replied. "Because you're Eleanor Bates, even if you aren't technically anymore. You're the strange girl that moved to town all those years ago. The girl with the mysterious past that I just had to dind out about." Rafe laughed toward the end.
"If you knew then what your life would be now. Would you still have cared to find out?" I inquired.
"I would always choose to know you. Even if you get me killed tonight." He said. "Just don't get me killed tonight, please."
"Okay, I'm choking on all the nostalgia over here." Jerica cut in. "Seriously I feel like we're kids again. Cut it out."
"Sorry?" I shrugged.
"Can we just get on to it?" Mack asked boredly. "If I'm not going home at the end of the night. I'd rather get it over with."
"Yeah let's go." Rafe took my hand and led me to field where we were meeting Jasper.
"I love you guys." I declared. "All of you. You became the family I never had."
My eyes met Jack's brown ones, and he frowned. For, you see, Jack knew the real plan. "We all love you too, Baby Girl." He hugged me.
And as if perfectly timed Jasper showed up. Someone else following not far behind him.
"Well, hello, losers." Jasper announced drawing nearer to us. "It's nice to see you, little sis." He nodded toward me.
"Come we just end this now, Jasper?" I asked. "I really don't want to drag this out."
"Neither do I." Jasper agreed with a smile. "Nik, would you?"
The figure came closer and I realized it was Stefan, but he looked different. His hair was cut short and he didn't look high. He looked like...
"Niklaus?" I asked.
"Hey, Nori, it's been to long." It was him. Stefan had been my dead brother all these years. I guess the accent through me off. Why am I even surprised.
I shook my head. "I don't want to know how this is possible, or why your alive. I just want this to be over."
"As you wish." Jasper said with a sick smile. "Who should I kill first?"
"You aren't killing anyone." Magnus proclaimed.
"Is that so?" Jasper twirled the gun around distracting all of us just long enough to load it.
A shot rang out but it didn't come from Jasper. It came from Stefan.
Magnus collapsed onto the ground clutching at his chest.
The next few minutes were a blur Jerica dropped to her knees next to her ex-boyfriend, pulling him into her arms. Alex rushed at Stefan managing to knock the gun out of his hand and wrestle him to the ground. But Stefan knew how to fight and was onto of Alex in a second, punching him over and over.
Jasper had his gun aimed at Rafe's chest. Trust me when I say Jas is an excellent shot and never misses.
I finally tore my eyes from my innocent childhood best friend's corpse and looked at the scene around me. "Stop." I whispered. "Stop!" This time it came out a yell. "Stop! Jasper, stop!" I screamed.
Surprisingly Jas-still keeping the gun traned on Rafe-pulled Nik off of Alex and turned to me. "What do you want, Eleanor?"
"I wanna know why you did it," I stated. "Why you killed Jackson Jones." I said. "And don't tell me you didn't because I know you did."
"I-" Jasper stopped. "I killed him because he hurt my little girl. He never should have touched you." He paused again. "I had to make him pay for hurting you, El."
"Why, Jasper, I thought you wanted me dead? Why do you care so much if I get hurt?" I pressed, taking a step forward.
"Because I raised you and I love you. I always have. I don't want you dead. I just want what I've always wanted." Jasper sighed. "I just want my little girl back."
"Than take me. Let my friends go in peace. There doesn't have to be anymore bloodshed. I didn't even mean for this much to be shed." I took another step forward, taking the gun out of my older brother's hands. "Forget about revenge."
"Ellie, what are you-"
As the tears I've been holding in so long began to slip, I cut Rafe off. "I'm doing what I have to do." I rushed toward him, pressing a quick kiss to his lips, before turning back and walked to Jasper's side. "Leave them be and you can have the old Ellie back. I'll go with you willingly to wherever you." I said.
"Really?" Jasper asked in disbelief.
"Yeah." I wiped away a few tears.
"You've got a deal." Jasper agreed. "I guess I sadly only got to kill one of you, but I got what I really wanted." He laughed. "Have a nice life, losers club."
But just then the oddest thing happened. Someone yelled Mum and the next thing I know, Noah is hugging me. "I'm glad you're okay." Noah said happily. "I was worried."
"There you are, Noah." Jasper said.
"Here I am, Uncle Jasper." Noah held out her hands as if showing something.
"Well come on let's get going." He motioned for both of us to come.
Sure this isn't what I wanted, but it would save them.
I wrapped an arm tightly around Noah. Taking one last look at my shocked friends, I followed after Jasper.

THE END

       DNA is for those who want to know what happened next....

###################
Thank you guys so much for sharing this book with me. I hoped you liked it.
Originally there wasn't going to be a next book, but I figured this was a cliffhanger ending thath needed something more. The cast and first chapter of DNA are up now.
DNA takes place four years later and Ellie and the kids are back in America with Jasper.

Bye guys - Izzy