Chapter 15: What The Bloody Heck

*Connor's POV*

As the figure got closer, I relaxed. "Grandma?" I questioned, she had tears in her eyes.
"Hello, Connor." Grandma Jane tried to smile and moved her hand for whoever was by the car to join her.
The minute her blond pigtails came into sight, I knew who it was. Ellis.
"Noah!" The smaller British girl yelled, running full speed into my sister's legs.
Noah bent and picked her up, hugging her close, and kissed her forehead. "What are you doing here?" Noah inquired, raising an eyebrow.
It was true Grandma was to keep Ellis until Mom came to retrieve her.
"I'm afraid something has come up, and I must leave town." Grandma sighed. "I apologise, but because of this I can't keep Ellis." She started to say something else but Noah beat her to it.
"It's fine, Grandma." Noah said with a fake smile. "We can take care of her." She adjusted her hold on Ellis.
"You sure?" Jane was used to double questioning her own children so her grandkids were no different.
"Seriously we got this." Levi waved his hand in a dismissive way.
Grandma nodded and went back to her car. Within a couple seconds she was out of sight again.
"What are you lot doing?" Ellis asked tiredly, lying her head on Noah's shoulder.
"We were going to get something to eat, but I'll stay with you, if you want?" Noah answered.
Ellis nodded. "You stay."
"Will you bring us something back?" Noah asked, looking directly up at me.
"Can do, Sis." I hugged both of them.
"I'll stay here too." Nancy stated.
"You two?" I pointed at Levi and Deanna, who both said they were going.
"Be safe. Don't open the door unless you know them." I instructed, causing the older two girls to roll their eyes.
"Not a baby, Con." Nancy said as she dragged my twin toward the house.

****

"Are you both seriously okay with this disobeying thing?" Deanna was still in shock.
Levi chuckled. "Goodness, Dee, get off this subject already."
"Please, Connor, tell me you don't agree." The redhead pleaded.
"Sorry." I shrugged. "Even I've gotten used to it by now."
The waitress-the same one from before-came back with our food. "Say, where's the inquisitive brunette of yours. You know the murder mystery one." Talia questioned.
"My sister decided to stay home instead of join us." I replied. "Where's Jimmy?" I had noticed the strange man was not here tonight.
"Taking the night off. He's spending time with his family." Talia shrugged, sitting down a plate. "If you ask me he deserved a day away. Enjoy." Talia stalked off toward the back of the store.
"She's odd." Deanna observed, watching as the dark skinned girl exited the back door.
"Runs in the family." Levi laughed, taking a bite of his food.

****

*Nancy's POV*

I was currently seated on the couch with Ellis lying over my lap. She was stretched out over Noah and me just casually watching some cartoon.
I moved her off of me and slid of the couch. "I'm going to get a drink. You two want anything?" I asked.
"Bring me a water?" Noah answered.
I nodded and started for the fridge. I'd almost made it when someone knocked on the door.
"I'll get it!" Ellis hopped off Noah and ran to the door. Peeking through the blinds on the window, the little blonde through open the door.
Noah was up in a second and at her little sister's side. "Lis, you can't just open the door for strangers." She chided.
"It's just Jan." Ellis defended, rolling her eyes.
"Oh sorry," Noah looked up at the curly haired redhead standing in the doorway.
"I thought you went with the others?" I questioned after a couple seconds of silence.
"Well ye-yeah I did, but Ellie wanted me to come get you guys." Janna replied almost nervously.
"Mum?" Noah echoed, pulling Ellis up into her arms. "I've never heard you call her Ellie in my life."
It was true as far as I knew Jan always called Aunt Ellie mom.
"I'm sorry." Janna smiled. "I'm just tired is all. I meant Mom. Now come on she told me to hurry."
"But the boys went out." Ellis said. "We can't leave them."
Jan looked upset at her statement. "Mom called Connor already and he agreed to meet us there." She said with the same smile. "Now we really gotta go."
Noah looked back at me for confirmation, I nodded. "Sounds legit to me." I shrugged, following the three siblings out.
An unfamiliar white car sat parked outside. It wasn't one anyone here drove. "Who's car is this?" I inquired, getting in the backseat next to Ellis. "Chachi's?"
"Yeah Chachi loaned me his car to come get you three." Janna answered.
As we pulled out onto the road, Noah frowned. "Where'd you run into Chachi?" She questioned.
I looked at my brunette cousin with a raised eyebrow. She had her interrogation style talk on. Noah's voice got dangerously solf and sweet when she up to something.
"Oh you know," Jan brushed the thought off. "I called him when I needed a car."
"You're lying." Noah proclaimed as we pulled off unto a side road. "Chachi drives a red old styled muscle car, not a white compact car." The words seemed to roll efortlessly off her tongue, like she had been saying them for hours upon hours.
Janna laughed. "What do you know, Noah? He could have traded cars."
"No he wouldn't." I cut in, leaning forward to cover Ellis. "He loves that car move than anything else. Chachi's been working on it since he was ten." I wasn't sure how I knew all this, but it sounded right.
"Who are you really?" Noah asked, also leaning forward, but she was doing it to get a better look at the impostor.
"You know who I am, N. I'm your older sister."
"I know better than that. You aren't Janna, Jan has never called me N, Ellis started that. I also know Connor's phone is at the cabin." She had a dangerous edge in her voice. "So I'll ask you one more time. Who the bloody heck are you and where are you taking us?"
Noah had always scared me. You never knew if she was ggoing to hug you or threaten to murder you.
'Janna' cussed loudly. "You wanna know who I am?" The car lurched to a stop in front of a nice looking house. The redhead undid her seatbelt and turned to us. "I'm Jemma." She said with a sickening smile. "I'm Janna's twin sister. The sister who everyone forgot about." Jemma shrugged with a bitter laugh. "Oh well, it doesn't matter now. You are all stuck now."
"What?" Ellis cried, and grabbed onto Noah, who hugged her against her body.
"What do you want with us?" Noah asked, her accent thick and the edge much still there. "What'd we do to you?"
"It's not what you did, Noah, it's what your mommy did to me." Jemma opened her door and got out.
She came around to door next to me and pulled it open. "Let's go, girls. My boss wants to see ya immediately." Jemma popped a piece of bubblegum into her mouth and laughed a wicked laugh. "I hope he skins you alive and let's me watch."
Her last comment only made Ellis cry harder. "It's okay, Lis, she's just psycho is all." I assured and kissed her temple as we began to walk.
"Yeah, she won't hurt you." Noah reassured the little girl.
"I won't let her touch one hair on your head." I ruffled her hair in a joking manner.
"Promise?" Ellis sniffled.
"Promise, Lis." Noah mumbled. "She won't hurt you as long as I'm breathing."
"Now don't cry." I wiped away one of the five-year-old's tears. "You need to be a big girl right now."
"Hurry up." Jemma tapped her foot impatiently on the concrete walkway.
As we crossed through the door, I grabbed Noah's shoulder. "We do whatever it takes to survive and get Lis out of here."
Noah looked over her shoulder at me and nodded. "Whatever it takes."