Chapter Three: A Day To Spend In Venice.

Author's Note:

Ciao miei cari!  Okay, well.  I don't really know what to say.  How boring, haha.  So, hopefully if you have read this much, you like it.  A lot has happened in a short time... in the story, I mean.  This chapter is more... a filler chapter almost?  It's just their relationship and some cutesy stuff with them.  Nothing about them being dark, truly.   I guess now I'll tell you a brief summary of the last chapter.

Last Time:

Feliciano and Kiku went to the beach, hoping to waste away the time when an unexpected visitor shows up.  Ludwig ends up confessing to Feliciano making him mind practically explode with thoughts of what to do and how to feel, and he passes out.  You also met Lucifer last chapter.  He likes to mess with Kiku. 

Feliciano awoke in his bed, dressed in a clean pair of boxers. He couldn't remember exactly what had happened the previous day except for... Ludwig confessing. He quickly decided to push that thought away and to go on with life and cross the bridge when he came to it.

He walked down the stairs of his Italian cottage and walked in to the kitchen where he saw his dear friend, Kiku cooking something that smelled magnificent. His rusty eyes brightened at the thought of food, "Buongiorno, Kiku!"

-----------

He jumped when he heard his friend's bright voice, cringing a bit. "K-konichi'wa, Italy." He was making a traditional American breakfast but paid little attention to the food he was making. He knew that it would come out perfect either way but his thoughts were elsewhere.

To his friend, he supposes he would see a Japanese man with unusually messy hair. His uniform was wrinkled and there were dark circles under his dark red eyes. Today, for some reason, they were almost black in color. His face portrayed warty and he looks like he hadn't slept all night, which was exactly the case.

As he dished the food, he saw the shadowy figure in the doorway. His heartbeat shot up in panic and he sloppily plated the rest, pulling his friend to the table and practically shoving his food in his face. "Here, eat. I'll be right back.." he entered the hallway and shoved the solid shadow back. "What are you doing here?! If Feli sees you, the same thing will happen as last time."

The shadow put his hands up in surrender. "Kiku, calm down. I just want to see this boy that you've had a crush on for all this time." The Japanese teen blushed furiously. "Shut up. And you've seen him before. Now leave."

"So harsh. It’s unlike you.." he leaned his face forward a bit and Kiku kept his eyes down shyly. "I mean, I really want to see him. I want to know why you love him, for someone as dark as yourself." The boy sighed and turned his back the man. "Fine.. I can't stop you. But stay unseen." Kiku shot him a warning glance before returning to the table and sitting across from his friend.

"My apologies, Italy-san. But I have returned. Shall we continue with our meal?" He forced his lips to form a smile as he addressed his Italian comrade.

------------

Feliciano stayed in the kitchen eating his meal while Kiku mysteriously wandered into the hall. He kicked his legs like a little child and started humming a random tune. His head itched, so he scratched it. Something tickled his nose, and he sneezed. All the while, he ate, waiting for Kiku to return.

Finally Kiku returned and sat at the table which made Feliciano smile and respond to the Japanese man's question with a giddy, "Si!"

-----------------

He glances to the shadow in the doorway and sighs, turning back to his meal. He ate most of it and left the plate on the table, which wasn't like him. He yawned and set his head on the table, closing his eyes and almost drifting off if it weren’t for the scene that started behind his every time they shut. All could be seen was an adolescent Japanese boy crying, screaming for his parents as he ran through the blaze that used to be his house. For about the fifth time that morning, he jerked awake, only asleep for mere minutes. A single tear ran down his face but he quickly wiped it away. Glancing at the Italian who seemed to be rambling about something.