Chap 7. Double Date #2

Y/N P.O.V

The car trip wasn't that long, expect I really wanted to sit next to Dan and chat. I tapped his shoulder,  causing him to turn around.  I then whispered in his ear, hoping to not disturb anyone. 

"Hey Dan, do you have any idea where we're going?" I whispered

"Nope, no clue, Phil set this whole thing up and I was literally dragged out of bed this morning, with him screaming at me to get up and get ready for this double datey thing," Dan said trying to keep his voice as quite as possible. 

We both giggled, then looked at Emma and Phil who were hitting it off. I told Dan how cute they would be as a couple. I then heard him mumble to himself something along the lines of; Just like  us. 

"Pardon?" I said wanting him to reassure me what I faintly heard was true.

"Oh it was nothing, um look out side," Dan rambled 

I turned my view to the scenery  outside the window.  In the rearview mirror I could see Dans reflection, with his cheeks brushed pink. 

Maybe he didn't want me to hear that. But I wish he would say it again, just imagine us as a couple. Wait no Y/N. You just got out of a relationship, you can't just dive back into one. You could get yourself hurt again. Beside Dan will never think about you like that. Your just a worthless girl who doesn't know where she's going in life, just like all those bullies say. Oh how I wish university didn't go back in two weeks. I liked doing absolutely nothing with my life. Also I hated having to face those bullies everyday, I would get beaten up at least three times a week.

"We're here," Phil spoke as we all hoped out of the cab. 

Phil paid and we all made our way through the metal gates to the ticket booth. It was a Fair (carnival).The site was beautiful, with its bright colours, mesmerising rides, and delicious foods. I hadn't been to one of these in years. Phil and Emma had mysteriously wondered off, so Dan and I decided to make the most of it.

"Where to first?" I asked Dan.

Dan then replied "Hmm, maybe we should get some fairy floss (cotton candy)," 

I gave him a reassuring nod and we headed off to the food section. There were aisles of lollies, cakes, caramel apples, churros, and millions more. Followed this were lines of impatient children and tired parents. Dan and I headed straight towards the little booth that were selling fairy floss. Strawberry lemonade, pinapple, green apple, blueberries and orange. (Btw I don't know what types of fairy floss flavours there were so . . . ) Dan picked strawberry lemonade, as I bought the blueberry. I was then entertained as Dan took an enormous bite out of the sweet, pink cloud. Leaving the artificial sugars to slowly dissolve, forming a hard layer of pink sugars. As the sun started to set on the view, Dan suggested we go on the Ferris wheel. 

*le tiny tiny tiny time skip*

As the gigantic wheel spun clockwise Dan and I sat in the little cart, admiring the setting sun. Then I felt something soft stroke my hand. I turned to my right to see Dan looking straight at me, with those beautiful brown eyes. Our hands intertwined and my heart started to beat five times faster, just like the first time we met. In the corner of my eye I saw the beautiful colours of the sunset; orange, pink, purple. 

This moment is perfect. He is perfect.

I felt safe in his arms. I felt special, even though I knew I wasn't. His soft finger then stroked the bottom of my chin, outlining my jawline. He lifted my chin up, as he lowered down. We both closed our eyes and slowly leaned in. 

Then we kissed.

It wasn't passionate or full of lust, but sweet and delicate. The ride then came to a stop suddenly and we hoped out of the cart. A smile was plastered to both of our faces. But my mind was like a tornado of thoughts.

Does he like me? Well obviously if he kissed you. But maybe it didn't mean anything and the moment just got to both of us. Anyway I just got out of a breakup I can't be getting myself into this. Besides this is our forth? No third time seeing each other, so we can't just jump into a relationship. Plus I don't want to have my heart broken . . . again.

Dan snapped me out of my thoughts and said "Oh Y/N I think I spot Emma and Phil over there, playing that dart thingy where you try and pop the balloons to win a stuffed animal, do you wanna play?"

"Yeah sure," I said running over to the booths while dragging Dan along with me.

I gave the host the required amount of money to play the game, right before Dan could. Then off I was shooting the darts into the multi-coloured balloons. Pop. Pop. Pop. All the balloons quickly shrivelled away in a blink of an eye. I had won.

"Wow, Miss L/N has quite the aim," Dan said smirking and giving me a little clap.

I bobbed a curtsy towards Dan and then grabbed a stuffed llama from the prize shelf. I handed it over to Dan with a cheeky smile. I could feel my dimples showing and sheepishly turned away in embarrassment. I hated them, my stupid dimples.

 Dan then walked up to the host and gave him the same amount as me. He then began shooting the dart at the balloons. One dart misses, another one misses. Bounce. I laughed like a hyena as Dans face filled with disbelief. The dart had bounced straight off the ballon, causing no visible  damage to it. 

" Ohhh Danny boy looks like he has gotten himself into a bit of trouble, he couldn't even pop one balloon," I said while still laughing.

" Oh I'm sorry mate, lucks not on your side today, and neither is your throwing skills," The host said earning a giggle from both Dan and I. 

"For your information, those 'throwing skills' are non-existing, and will be forever," Dan replied in a playful manner, attempting to annoy the host. 

"Well since I feel sorry for you and your girlfriend, and I'm a great guy, you can chose one," He said directing Dan towards the prizes. 

"Oh we're not . . ." I stopped mid sentence as I saw Dans face saying ' don't or else we won't get the prize'. 

Dan then grabbed a Y/F/A (your favourite animal). He handed it to me and smiled. Then Dan and I set out on the journey to find Emma and Phil. After 10 minutes or so we finally found then at the 'Popcorn' booth. Emma and I  then bid our farewells to the boys and headed home. 

I had a lot of explaining to do. But I still wasn't sure how I felt towards Dan and it was messing with my mind. I had better things to focus on like, getting a job, university and Emma. But that's all for another day, today has been eventful enough.

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys, thanks you all for 100 reads!! I appreciate every bit of support I'm given. Also I won't be posting as regularly since school just came back so yeah. But I'll try my best to post as much as I can.

Kk bye!