chapter 23 - waiting room

harry's pov

slamming my car door shut locking it as quick as possibly. I practically sprinted into the reception out of breath begging to know what happened.

"sorry, we can only disclose information to close family members"

"I'm her boyfriend!" i spoke with emotion flooding every word.

"i'm sorry sir, i can only tell the whole information to close family members"

"can you tell me anything?" i begged

"ill see what i can do, bare with me for one second" her fingers tapped against almost every key. "okay, all i can say is that Miss Kayla Mills had been in a serious car accident where a drunk driver swerved onto her side of the road and slammed into her car at the front. Miss Mills is in emergency surgery now as her injury's are very serious and need vital care, that is all i can say until a close family member comes"

my heart drops to the pit of my stomach imagining Kayla in surgery with bad injury's. "can you tell me where to wait to see her?"

"at the moment you will have to wait in the emergency waiting room until she is moved to a ward and then you can go down and wait for her."

"okay, thank you" i spoke walking off to the direction she pointed.

i sat down on the uncomfortable and ripped chair that was in the small waiting filled with a few family's sitting on the rugged chairs anxiously waiting for their loved ones news. the cals came and sat by me still on their phones contacting people. my shaking breath corrupted the silence in the room. tears were streaming down my face and sniffs were coming from my nose.

"harry, ive let all of the guys know, they are all really worried and told us to keep them updated" calfreezy whispered to me to avoid distracting the other familys.

"thank you" i said shakily "you guys should go home, there is no point all 3 of us wait up here for god knows how long, ill let you know of any updates, here, take my keys you can drive my car home" i passed my keys to calfreezy. he looked at me hesitantly and then up at callux.

"its okay mate, we dont mind staying up here, were here for you harry, we dont want to leave you alone at this time" cal informed me

"that means a lot cal but, i kind of want to be alone, i just need to think"

"as long as your sure" he responded

"yeah, its fine go, ill let you know anything if i hear news"

they said good bye to me wary of what was to happen. they slowly walked away occasionally looking back at me. i slouched back into the crooked chair covering my face with my hands wiping the tears that still fell without me knowing. my tinted red skin stung from the salty tears that threatened their way out of my eyes.

----------

(skip to morning)

my back and neck ached with stiff pain from me leaning over the chair while i was asleep. i slowly rubbed my eyes and stood up straightening my back and cracking my neck. i walked to the front desk and asked about Kayla, to see the same nurse from last night

"she came out of surgery early hours of this morning, but is still in recovery as she has not yet woken up, she will go down to the ward as soon as she is awake and we have done a few tests."

"is she okay? how are her injury's? do you know when she will wake up?" i panicked

"i can't tell you about her injury's just yet as we do not know the full extent but once a family member is here we can tell them what we know."

"please, i really need to know i love her so much and have been here all night!" i spoke making my voice a little louder

"i can't sir, i really need a family member to disclose the information"

i pushed myself away from the desk and stood up against the wall in stress clenching my eyes shut. i opened my eyes wide and noticed Kayla's mum rush down the corridor going towards the desk but before noticing me and coming over to me.

"harry? oh my have you been up here all night, thank you so much" she said wrapping her arms around me giving me a hug.

"yeah as soon as i got your message i drove up here and spent the night on the chairs"

she released me from the hug. "what is happening do you know anything?"

"they are not letting me know much but they told me that a drunk driver hit her at the front of her car. when i got here she was in emergency surgery and early hours this morning she moved to recovery, but she has not woken up yet. as soon as she wakes up she will have to do some tests and then she can be moved down to the ward for us to see her and they wont tell me anything else."

"okay. ill go find out as much as i can go sit down and ill come over once i know everything"

i walked back to the small room and sat once again in the uncomfortable chair i spent the night on. i checked my phone seeing many messages from the guys checking up on me and seeing if i knew any news. i responded to a few telling them what i knew before Kayla's mum came up and sat down next to me

"they dont know everything but they have done some scans and she has a broken arm, a few broken ribs and she fractured her lung from the broken ribs. she also bashed her head very hard from the big impact but they do not know the full impact of that yet. she woke up just now and is going to speak to a few doctors and do some tests and it will be done in a 1 hour max"

"wow, that's really serious" i gasped being shocked

"yeah, i know, she said we could of lost her last night, her lung was really badly injured. but Kayla is strong she always has been if she could get threw that she can get threw anything" she spoke with hope

we waited for 46 minutes till we heard a doctor call our name and said she is being moved to the ward now and that we could start walking down. i let all the guys know threw text as we walked down to the ward

"you know harry, even though it is a shame we met under these circumstances Kayla always talked about you whenever we would talk, she loved you a lot even when you broke up."

"really?"

"yeah, it would be hard to stop her talking about you" she chuckled

"i love her"

"i know, i can see it when you talk about her or hear about her."

we walked up to the ward she was on and walked into the room she was staying in

"mum?" Kayla whispered with tears in her eyes reaching out to hug her

"shh darling, i'm here now dont worry" she said wrapping her arms round her being careful of her arm and ribs.

"what happened?" Kayla's voice spoke confused not noticing me in the corner

"a drunk driver hit you and caused you to break your arm. break 3 ribs causing a fractured lung and you hit your head really hard but they still need to do tests on that." she unwrapped her arms from around her and helped Kayla lay back down. I walked forward to kayla's bed

"harry has been up here all night kayla waiting for you and letting me know everything, he has been a life saver. i think you found a good one" she joked causing her to laugh and my cheeks to go slightly red.

kayla looked towards me with confusion in her eyes and looked back her mum

"who is harry" she mumbled.

3 words that caused my heart to shatter and my head to spin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note,

hey guys, hope you liked this chapter, what do you thinks happened to Kayla? let me know what you thought/think down in the comments and make sure to vote!

thanks for the continuous support guys it means soooo much to me i cannot even begin to express how thankful i am

p.s. i know you're reading this kayla