2 :: encounter

Isak was walking back home since he was tired and Jonas, Magnus, and Mahdi were still playing poker. Not paying attention to whats in front of him, he bumped into a guy that was a little taller than him and fell on his back.

"Fuck, sorry about that," the boy said, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. No need to say sorry, it was all my fault. Seriously." The boy offered Isak a hand, and he grabbed it to get himself up. Isak was able to get a better view of the boy's face. That's the boy who was making out with that girl at Eva's party.

After he awkward silence, the boy broke it, asking, "What's your name?"

Isak replied. "Isak."

The boy held out his hand as if he wanted a handshake, so Isak shook his hand. "My name is Christoffer, but you can call me Chris."

"You know... you actually look familiar."

"Ah, do I?" Isak had a gut feeling that he had met the guy before. Not properly but has seen him somewhere before. As much as Isak wanted to ask more questions, he had to go, for he didn't want Eskild to worry about him and go to look for the boy himself.

"Uhm, well, I should probably go home now. Getting pretty dark, and I have a concerned roommate."

Chris chuckled. "Well, see ya then."

Isak walked in one direction, Chris the other. Isak paused walking when he heard the boy call out to him.

"Wait!" Chris shouted, "What's your number?"

Isak turned his torso around, his hands in his pockets. "Excuse me?" What the fuck? We don't even know each other. We've just learned each other's names two minutes go

"I'm kidding."

"Riiight. Well, I've gotta go now. Wanna waste any more of my time before I head off?"

"No."

Isak turned back around and continued walking to his house. He can't wait to tell his friends at school if they even bother to listen. The encounter is one of the things he would tell his friends but not Eskild, since he's convince Isak that Chris was gay because he seems to think everyone is gay and "they're just hiding it".

--

"Isak!" Jonas called out his name, hoping to get his attention for the second time. Isak recently had biology class before lunch. He had a lot to tell about what happened two nights ago, but first he wanted to know what Jonas wants. He walked to where the boys usually hang out, which was at a table at the cafeteria which looks more of a cafe, if anything. When Isak found Jonas & Co, he sat on the chair that was left for him.

Jonas saw Isak and asked, with a slight demanding tone, "Isak, who the fuck were you staring at during Eva's party?". The whole group now stared at Isak, waiting for an answer.

"You're not even going to say hi, Jonas? What's with you today?" Isak was woken up by the question.

"Don't dodge the question, Isak."

"Well, why does it matter to you anyway?"

"Because you were out of it, and I'm curious to know who was important enough to intrigue your interest, that's all. I mean, you're the one ditched us out on poker, after all."

"Because you were 'tired'," Magnus added, putting air quotes on the word tired. Jonas made a 'thanks Magnus, but shut the fuck up, i'm the one who's talking' face at him.

Isak suddenly remembered staring at the couple – if they were a couple – making our, but he can't tell Jonas that, so he said, "Oh. Nothing. I was tired, I mean, I did take a nap before I got ready, so I was dreary."

Jonas, Magnus, and Mahdi have each other the 'we're not buying it, Isak' face, but Jonas said "Alright" and they decided to move on. After three minutes of awkward silence, Isak decided to break it.

"Hey, um, so apparently there was this guy who was at Eva's party - the same one we were at. And when I ditched you guys and walked home, I accidentally bumped into him and fell on my backside, and he offered a hand that I used to pull myself right up. He told me his name was Chris, and he has light brown hair and hazel-ish brown eyes. Do you think you guys might know him? He looked familiar." Jonas & Co gave each other the 'Oh fuck' face.

"Wait. You said his name was Chris?" Jonas wanted to be reassured that it wasn't the Chris that he thinks it is. I mean, that's the only male Chris he knows of anyway.

"Yeah. He joked about wanting my number, but I don't–"

"Fucking hell, Isak."

"What?" Isak was confused.

"That guy was Christoffer Schistad."

"Fuck, for real?" Magnus and Mahdi were just as shocked. It suddenly made sense to Isak. Chris was familiar to Isak because he did encounter him, and he did talk to him, once or twice. When he found out it was the Chris, Isak suddenly had the incidental event playing like a movie in his brain, which was quite chaotic for those who witnessed it. How could he be so native?

--

sorry if this is so short for you guys, but i am pretty tired and i've been pretty busy. the "incident" will be explained in the third chapter.

please read, vote, & comment. thank ya.

- l