7 :: catchup

Tirsdag, 7:45
After getting dressed for school – the usual sweatshirt and jeans – I went downstairs and went straight to the door, skipping breakfast.

"Isak, you're not gonna eat breakfast?" Eskild stopped me to ask.

"Eskild, you know I never eat breakfast. Now please, I gotta go stop by Jonas's. Goodbye Eskild." I rushed out the door, waving then locking the door. Wow, he really isn't the brightest lightbulb in the room.

After arriving at Jonas' place, I knock on the door, only to find the door already starting to open. I guess Jonas already figured.

"Oh, hey Isak. Glad you're actually going to school today. Let's go." Jonas locks the door and walks along my right side. A 15 minute walk to the school, it was silent for about 1/3 of the way, but then I broke the silence to ask a question, one my insecure ass was curious to ask.

"So, did anyone notice I was gone? Or at least gave a shit?"

Jonas shook his head, unbothered. "No, not really. No one except us and the girl squad. I mean, people probably thought you were hungover or something, not that you ditched."

I let out a loud sigh of relief, or st least loud enough that it urged Jonas to reiterate what he said last night.

"Isak, remember what I said yesterday? It was just a dare. No one gives a shit, and if you aren't gay, then you have nothing to worry about."

It was just a dare. It was just a dare.

It. was. just. a. dare.

I have been wanting to say this. It may not be the appropriate time to do so since we were near the school, but Jonas and I are obviously having polar thoughts on the situation. "Okay, but have you ever thought that Chris may have liked it? I don't know, but that kiss was more than just a peck on the lips. There was a spark, I just felt something –"

Jonas suddenly stops on his tracks, states at my eyes with his hands on my shoulders and says, "Chris is a horny bastard. Anything makes his prick hard, and even if he did like it, then that's his problem, not yours. Now please, as my best friend, please do me a huge favor and stop worrying about this. Okay? It's been two days,"

Jonas continues, "If he comes up to you, act normal, act casual. He can't know that you actually cared. Just do me this huge favor."

There was passion on Jonas's voice, like he cares about my well-being. It's how bros should be. I slightly smiled at him, replying, "Yeah, you're right. Thank you Jonas."

Walking in the school holding, I am immediately welcomed by a short blonde bear hugging me.

"I missed you, Isakkkkkk!!!" the voice screamed, in a tone of happiness and sadness at the same time. I immediately recognized him by his voice. Magnus.

"Oh, s'up Magnus. Missed you too, I guess" I pushed him off me and brushed myself with my hands, suddenly smelling like Magnus.

"So where were you yesterday?" Magnus asked.
Jonas and I looked back at each other, not knowing how to answer that question, because we're obviously not gonna tell him the truth.

So we went with the classical lie, straight from the books. "I was sick."

"Nah, seriously? Were you actually that hungover?? Maaaaan, shiiiit bro."