CHAPTER FIVE

I was startled awake to a bright light and indistinct voices that I couldn't recognize. So like every morning, I threw on my robe and slippers and made my way to the living room. To my surprise, when I got to the living room, I saw all the guys with Crystal and Arzaylea sitting there with two police officers.

"What's going on?" I asked, barely even able to get those words out, considering the condition of my throat. My voice cracked with every word. Everyone, including the cops, turned their heads to me immediately.

"Young lady, would you have a seat please?" one of the cops asked. Calum took me by the hand and lead me to sit next to him, out of nervousness, I kept hold onto his hand as tight as I could.

"Miss, I need you to tell me everything that happened last night so we can find the man that did this to you " the cop told me. I didn't know what to do at all. Everyone had their eyes on me and the words seemed to keep getting caught in my throat. I looked to Calum, and he gave me a reassuring look, letting me know it was okay to speak.

"w-well" I croaked out. "I m-met this guy at the c-café down the street-"

"What was the name of the café ma'am?" the cop asked.

"Monet's sir" then I continued. "He c-came and sat next to me, asking for my name. I didn't s-say it at first because I didn't know him. Then he asked me to hangout with h-him, so we could get to know each other. At first I was u-unsure, but like an idiot, I told him I would. We did exchange numbers and I b-believe I still have it"

"May we have the number ma'am?"

"Of course, um Calum could you go get my phone please?"

"Sure thing" he said and raced to my room. I just kept on with my story. "Then he came by to pick me up. When I opened the door he did the cliché guy thing. He t-told me I am beautiful and then he came to m-meet everyone else."

"This boy didn't seem suspicious to any of you?" the other cop asked.

"I didn't have a good feeling, but I thought it was just me being overprotective" Ashton said. Tears started forming in my eyes when I began my story again. Luckily, Calum came back and handed the cop my phone and sat next to me. I grabbed his hand again with both of mine.

"So we went out to the little cliff area in LA where everybody t-takes Instagram pictures ya know. We layed on the hood of the c-car talking about random things. It was nothing romantic, I wasn't wearing anything to p-provoke him." As I was about to begin what happened, all my words got caught in my throat and I couldn't seem to get them out. Again. I stopped for a moment so I could gather myself.

"It's okay Layla. Just tell them what happened so we can get you help" Calum said while rubbing my thumbs.

"U-um.. t-then he started r-rubbing my thigh. I tried to t-tell him to stop, b-but he wouldn't. I told him he was very lovely, but we should t-take it slow. I don't know what snapped but I couldn't even think b-before he was on top of me pinning me down, telling me he 'doesn't do slow." I began to cry but did my best to tell the rest of the story, but it seemed impossible. "A-and, he started undressing me with his f-free hand. He was straddled on my waste so I couldn't use my legs and he was s-so much stronger than me. All I could do was sit there and take it. So h-he...he started to take h-his pants off. I don't really want to say this next p-part, but he did do the...deed to me. It's still fresh in my mind. He was very abusive in the way he did it." With those words I revealed my bruises on my arm, legs, stomach, and wrists. I noticed Calum wince at the sight along with everyone else.

"And after he was done, he shoved m-me off of the car onto the ground, told me to keep quiet or I would regret it, and got into his car and drove away. All I could do was lay there and cry. I've lost my voice from screaming so loud, trying to get him to stop, but no one could hear me. So I put my clothes on and limped my way home, and here we are"