Chapter 3- "Down-to-Earth or Take-no-Shit Bea?"

Beatrice's POV:

Macy and I woke up around 8:30 the next morning. As a tradition, all of the castle guests had breakfast the two mornings before the day of the ball. I gave Macy a Floral skirt and a black shirt and she put on her ballet flats from last night. I watched as she pulled her long blonde into a tight bun on top of her head.

"Ready to go?" I asked, unplugging my phone from its charging dock and paused the music we had been playing while getting ready. I gave myself a look in the mirror. The high-waisted black shorts I had on, made my legs look longer and the loose printed top gave my outfit a girly twist. My scuffed up, high top, black converse said otherwise.

I flipped my fishtailed hair over my shoulder and smiled, "Macy, we look caauuuttee!" We burst out laughing and walked down to breakfast. The lunch "hall" was more like an huge open room with about a 70 foot buffet. It was probably one of my favorite rooms in castle because of the delicious food. Just thinking about it made my mouth water.

Macy and I arrived at the hall and took seats next to each other at the ruler's table. The kings' families and betas sat at the table. King and Queen O'Dair were seated next to each other on one end of the table while my father sat on the other end. There was no doubt that King and Queen O'Dair were a attractive couple. And from the looks of it their kids were attractive also.

I had only seen Macy and she was gorgeous. Macy explained to me last night that she was the youngest out of four children. Her eldest sister, Cara who's 20, had been mated to an Alpha of a smaller pack in the rouges territory. Next came Lila, who's 19. Lila was mated to a beta of a small pack in my kingdom. Then came Macy's older brother Ryder, who's 18. His name sent chills through my body. Ryder hadn't met his mate yet, he was also next inline for throne.

King O'Dair had dark hair and deep brown eyes. And Queen O'Dair, otherwise known as Cassandra, had ocean blue eyes and blonde hair. The way Macy explained it to me was; Cara, Lila, and Macy all had their mother's blonde locks, while Ryder had his father's brown, almost black hair. The eldest girls had the king's brown eyes and Macy and Ryder had the queen's blue ones.

Servants quickly came over and placed our plates down in front of us. We were the only table that got served personally. The 20 other packs went to the buffet. Let me explain who attended the ball. The top 10 largest packs in each kingdom attended, only the higher ranks were invited though. The lower ranks and smaller packs stayed behind and cared for the attending packs' land. The day after the ball the rouges took a 5-day trip through our kingdom, checking the packs for mates. Our packs would arrive the night of the ball, being that they were home and the rouges were visitors.

Macy and I quickly dug in to the delicious food set in front of us. After about half an hour in silence I decided to speak up. "So, Queen Cassandra, I heard you decided on your dress last night. It was beautiful. Macy showed me a picture." And truthfully, it was. The blue material gave the dress a youthful look, but the dipping back line made the dress a bit more sexy. The dress came to a stop at her feet, the silk was beautiful and straight, yet the material seemed to be flowing away . She smiled and nodded, "Yes. It's more than I could ever ask for. I also heard from Macy that you aren't letting anyone see your dress until the day of the ball. Please, do tell me why." "Well you see, I think it's more fun waiting until the day of the ball. I really want to kill 'em all with suspense." She laughed lightly, and at that all of the rouge packs began to quietly talk among themselves.

"I'm sure you will look more than amazing in any dress you wear. You have a amazing figure!" I blushed at her compliment. "Look who's talking." I sarcastically answered back. Everyone at the table chuckled. I set my hands in my lap. "Now, Beatrice. You told us yesterday how the ball is on your birthday. Did you plan this or was it a coincidence?" King Thomas spoke up. "It just happened randomly. I finally talked my Dad into letting me go because of the possibility of meeting my mate. I also am supposed to meet your son, due to the fact that my mate and him will have to get along in order to keep the peace."