Chapter 4- "Big Changes, Little Conversations"

BEA'S POV:

I woke up to knocking on my door. I grumbled a 'come in' and rubbed my eyes of sleep. Macy came in very hyper. "Get up! Get up! It's time for dinnerrrr!" She spoke quickly while jumping on my now messy bed. "What's got you so excited?" I asked while standing up and stretching. I brushed my hair of the static. "Well, one: Liam's getting here earrrlyyy!!!!! And two: tomorrow is your birthday!"

I shook my head and laughed. I changed into a pair of jean shorts with one side studded, put on a red crop top and my leather jacket. I pulled on my black combat boots and we began walking to the Lunch hall.

"You're excited about my birthday because?" I mean the mate thing was understandable, and I knew Macy missed Liam terribly, but Macy is just weird when it comes to my birthday.

Especially after she left my room last night to go to 'talk' to Ryder personally. I'm not sure what they talked about, Macy said it was just stuff about the smaller Songlet packs forming to go against bigger packs and rulers. Apparently, they became allies with many vampire clans too, which explained why they had found a vampire on the land.

Macy shook her head, "You turn 17, Bea! You have a chance of finding your mate on the day of the ball, I mean c'mon. Most she-wolves would kill to have a chance like that!" I nodded, "I really hope I just find him. Like, I'd rather not go to the smaller packs. I have many friends in them, but I think the disappointment would be tough to travel with." Macy nodded and spoke back to me as we rounded the corner to the hall. "Oh trust me, you'll find him. Just wait. I better hear all the details about him too! The first time you look into each others' eye, the first time you hug and kiss and when you first mate."

I raised an eyebrow, "I would tell you those? I'm sure it would end in you embarrassing the crap outta me."

She snorted, "Yeah probably, but I'm serious! The first time Liam and I found out we were mates was on my 17th birthday. I had always had a crush on him, but finally we could actually be together. And the first time we kissed and hugged sparks went off. Of course, the first time we kissed was in front of Ryder and after we broke apart Ryder decked Li in the face,"

We took our seats and the servants set the food before us. I thanked them and Macy continued on, "Oh, and the first time we completed mating it was amazing. Liam said-" I choked on my soup as she spoke the sentence and the room fell silent. I calmed down and waved off the Songlets, thanking them for their concern.

They sent me odd looks and went back to conversing. "Okay, first I really really really didn't need to know that. Second, why'd they all send me weird looks?" I spoke and started on my salad.

Macy took a bite of her stake and answered me, "They aren't used to gratitude. back on our land they are taught to stay silent." Macy shrugged. I nodded, "I don't understand. Sometimes people need to be shown kindness."

She stuck her hand in her digging around, "Neither do I, but my Father says it has to be done. Crap. I left my phone in your room, Bea. Liam's gonna be here any minute too."

I moved onto my stake. What can I say? I'm a fast eater and food is my best friend. "Do you want me to go and get it?" I began to stand up, but Macy tugged me back down.

"No, I want you to meet Liam. Just make sure I get it back tomorrow." I nodded, "Okay!" I sat back down and we continued eating.

After about five minutes of small talk, I had decided to actually spark a conversation, seeing as no one else was going to. I looked over to Cassandra and Thomas.

"So Queen Cassandra, tell me about Ryder. I hear he's quite something. I might as well get to know the other king. I mean, we'll be ruling at the same time." I honestly wanted to know more about Ryder, not just because of him being the next king but also I had this pit of desire and curiosity burning through out me.