Chapter 3 - Cat

Wrapping her arms around Ansyl's trembling body, Cat looked at where Nathan was standing. His face was tense and his body stiff as he spoke to someone on the phone and she could only assume that it was Ansyl's parents.

Nathan and Ansyl had spent the better part of their night talking to the cops, explaining what they had seen in their apartment. Ansyl had held herself together while she was speaking to the cops and the apartment owner. However, soon fear overtook her senses and she just couldn't stay strong anymore.

Once they had grabbed their things, the couple went to Brianna's place as she had enough space to let them stay with her for a while.

A few hours ago, Cat was dancing happily, her body moving against someone else's. Then Brianna had pulled her out of the bar only to inform her about the break in at Nathan and Ansyl's apartment.

At first the news was a bit confusing for her. While she had heard of these things happening to other people, she never expected it to happen to someone so close to her.

Dropping everything else, Cat went to meet Nathan and Ansyl and watched as Brianna offered to let them stay with her. She wasn't entirely happy with that decision but then again, she had no way to help them since she lived in a tiny apartment with Sia with no room to house her friends.

Cat shouldn't have minded Brianna's offer. It was a kind one and one that would help Nathan and Ansyl out greatly but the reason why Cat was so wary was because she had a feeling that Brianna was up to something. Having spent so much time with her, she had come to guess what the brunette was thinking most of the time.

If her building suspicion wasn't enough, the description of the man that broke into Nathan and Ansyl's apartment really worried her.

"Here. This should help calm your nerves," Sia said gently as she offered Ansyl a cup of tea.

Ansyl slowly pulled away from Cat and took the cup in her hand, smiling at Sia gratefully. The blonde haired girl gently stroked Ansyl's hair and then her eyes met Cat's. Without another word, Sia moved away and found a place to sit.

"I'm thinking you and Nathan shouldn't roam about alone. I don't think there's anything to be worried about but there's no harm in being careful right?" Kyle suggested.

While he tried to show that he wasn't fazed by any of it, it was obvious that he was worried, if not scared for his friends. However, Cat knew that during times like this, she could expect him to be the one to think about things clearly while the rest of them couldn't.

"Well, they're safe in my house. Security system and cameras," Brianna explained, a smug smile on her face.

No one reacted to Brianna's words nor to her smile but Cat knew something was wrong. The brunette was up to something and she wanted to know what.

As Kyle got up and started talking to Nathan about something, their voices barely a whisper, Brianna grabbed her pack of cigarettes and headed to the balcony. Getting up, Cat followed her outside.

A cool breeze enveloped her the moment she stepped out, the night sky alight with stars. Brianna was leaning on the railing, her eyes watching the many buildings before them.

"Smoking?" Brianna asked Cat, holding up her pack but Cat just shook her head.

"Not in the mood," she sighed and Brianna shrugged, lighting her cigarette.

Soon smoke filled the air as Brianna leaned against the wall, her eyes now watching the night sky. Silence fell between them, making Cat look back inside. No one seemed to be watching them, too lost in their own thoughts.