Chapter 5 - Kyle

Taking off his glasses, Kyle pinched the bridge of his nose, his mind reeling with all the information that was given to him.

All his friends sat around in a circle before him, different emotions showing on their faces. Sia sat, her body huddled against Cat who was humming and stroking her hair, trying to calm the other girl down. Nathan sat before them, his eyes staring at the ground and his face showing hints of anger. Brianna lay across the couch, a magazine on her stomach as she watched Ansyl who was sitting by Nathan, her hands fidgeting.

Kyle's eyes moved to the clock that showed that it was 2 in the morning. It was around 1 when he got a call from Cat who was in tears as she told him that she found Sia passed out in the hall. Without thinking about anything else, Kyle had gone over to their apartment to check on the two girls.

Then one by one the others had arrived.

His first instinct was to take Sia to the hospital but Cat was adamant about keeping Sia with her.

Kyle understood that Cat couldn't tolerate being inside hospitals without getting a panic attack. However, at the moment, her stubborn attitude that didn't let him take Sia to the hospital was getting on his nerves.

Living up to her nickname, Cat lashed out at anyone that even tried to come close to Sia, afraid that they would take her away. Finally, after a while Sia woke up, her usually calm eyes full of fear.

They gave Sia a bit of time to gather her emotions and to come back into reality before they launched into questions to find out what had happened to her.

Slowly she explained how she had gone out to get water only to be attacked by a man that seemed to be hiding in their apartment. Kyle would have deemed everything about her story believable but that was until she described the man. There was no way that Kyle could believe that she had been attacked by a faceless man.

Knowing that he was the only one who would question her about it, Kyle asked her what she was doing before the incident took place. That's when Sia explained that she had been playing some horror game and Kyle knew that there was no faceless man.

It had probably been her mind being paranoid because of the game.

He wasn't really surprised considering Sia had always been the sensitive type. He didn't really know much about her gaming but he knew that for someone like her, horror would probably be too much to handle.

While he could logically explain every aspect of her story, there were two things even he didn't have an answer to.

There was the fact that the description of the man was similar to the one who had broken into Nathan and Ansyl's apartment. There could be a possibility her mind created something similar to the man that Ansyl had described. However, there was still something that stumped Kyle.

The one thing that threw him off was the fact that when they checked the halls, they found footprints on the floor, ones that seemed to have been made from black paint, ones that Cat claimed came to an end in front of Sia's unconscious body.

"Well, they can't go back to the apartment until this is sorted," Nathan spoke up, breaking the silence that everyone was sitting in.

"We don't have anywhere else to go," Cat shook her head.

"You do," Brianna said, getting up. "You stay here with me."

Kyle watched as Cat's face frowned for just a second and then she smiled at Brianna but he knew that it was forced.

It wasn't that the place would be too congested since Nathan and Ansyl were already living there. Brianna's apartment was huge because her parents got her the best of everything. She came from a well-to-do family so there was nothing that she couldn't get.