Being Bitten-10

10

Shit, I did it again.

“Romeo, for the 16th time, that’s not how you do it!” Juliette yells, but it comes out more like a kitten meowing. She throws the milkshake away, shaking her head at the waste. 

Romeo sighs helplessly, unbuttoning his blue uniform shirt. They’ve been practicing all day today how to wait on customers, how to hold the tray and how to make milkshakes, which is what they’re on now.

He takes the light blue uniform shirt off, swinging it around. Now he’s only in a white top, revealing his muscular arms. “Can’t we take a break?”

“Hey, you wanted this job. You need to grow a pair and deal with it.”

“I love how you say such hurtful words, but then it comes out in your voice and it just sounds so freaking adorable.”

She sends him a flat look, but secretly checks him out at the same time. Why does he have to be so damn hot?

Smirking, he flexes his muscles in his arms. “I don’t know, you tell me.”

Confusion passes her face for a quick second-before it hits her-again-that her thoughts are not safe anymore. Blushing a deep scarlet red, she starts wiping down the table next to her, so she doesn’t have to face him. He obviously sees this and chuckles loudly again, coming up behind her.

“You don’t have to hide, you know,” He murmurs in her ear, his smirk growing wider when he sees a shiver roll down her spine. 

She turns around to show him that the blush is gone. “Oh, I know. It’s just that you are so damn-”

“-Hot-”

“-Annoying,” She gives him a glare, “that I have to hide. You don’t leave me alone.”

She’s right. This past week he has done nothing but follow her, of course, the exceptions of when Dustin’s around. Then he’s gone like the wind. But other than that, he’s been like glue; stuck to her. He’s drove her home (only when she actually agrees to it), stayed by her side in school (when Dustin’s not around), and helped her around the diner (again, when Dustin’s not around).

He pouts, putting his arms on each end of the table, so now Julie’s stuck in between him and the table. “Why can’t we take a break? I could show you my wolf form, I’m pretty sure you’d love that.” Good thing that the diner’s closed for today, otherwise he wouldn’t be able to talk like this. It’s just Julie and him for today.

She defiantly shakes her head. “No. I don’t like wolves, you know that.”

“Well, I could help you get over your wolf phobia.”

“It’s not a wolf phobia!” She hisses, but sounds more like a chipper puppy. “It’s just…I don’t like wolves. Simple as that.”