14-Being Bitten

14

I’m so not shifting right now.

Romeo glares at Juliette. “Yes you are.”

She glares right back, cupping her hands together in front of herself. “No, Romeo, I’m not. I don’t want to.”

He throws his hands up in the air. “Then how am I going to train you?”

“I already told you, I don’t want to be trained today. Not now. Plus, I‘m tired. It‘s freaking 4 in the morning.”

Romeo groans in frustration. Every weekend at 4am is the time to train, this being their first session. And Juliette will not cooperate. “You have to. I need to show you the basics. Plus, we don’t know what your wolf looks like.”

Jules crosses her arms defiantly. “That’s the point. I don’t want to know. I’m not ever going to change into a wolf. I don’t want to. You told me that I needed to turn into a wolf to not die. You never said that I had to shift into it.”

“Jules, that’s not healthy. At all. It’s very important you get at least an hour of exercise each day in wolf form and in human form.”

“Or what?”

“You die,” He states flatly, crossing his arms back at her.

Now she looks nervous. “Really?”

“Yes, really. Now shift,” He demands, pointing to the grassy field. It’s in the forest, but there’s only trees surrounding them in the distance. They’re on a large grassy square, good for training and running. 

She glances down at the ground, biting her lip, then back up to him. “I don’t know how,” She confesses, cupping her hands in front of her.

Romeo smiles slightly as she stands there awkwardly. “All you have to do is think in a dog or wolf’s point of view. Bark, yip, wag your tail, do whatever you have to do to turn into your wolf.”

“…So, think like a wolf…”

He gives her an exasperated look. “Yeah, sure, think like a wolf.”

She shrugs. “Okay.” Her eyes close in concentration. She starts thinking of being like a wolf as Romeo talks to her.

“It’s easy once you get the hang of it. In a matter of seconds you’ll be able to shift-” He stops suddenly, watching before his very eyes as Juliette shifts right into her wolf.

She’s a light, fluffy chocolate brown that turns white on her stomach. She’s tiny; more tiny than normal wolves. Her tail is longer though, fluffy, like a fluff ball. Her legs are slender and ears pointed. Her eyes are the same big grey ones she has as a human. She’s adorable.

Romeo watches in awe as she prances around in a circle, her fuzzy fur bouncing with her. She barks happily, eyes sparkling in excitement. “It took me almost an hour to shift.”