Epilogue

Epilogue

I’m going to murder him.

A chuckle is heard down the hallway.

“Not today, Jules.”

Juliette marches past her living room covered in flowers and chocolates and down to her -their - bedroom. As she enters, her gaze switches over the smirking Romeo. Both hands are behind his head as his legs sprawl across the bed. “Get out of my room.”

“Your room?” He scoffs, taking a hand from behind his head to stroke the bed. “I’m the one who bought this whole damn house. Therefore, it’s mine. Just like you’re mine.”

Her heart thumps wildly at the words, but she just crosses her arms and switches her weight onto a different foot. “I’m not yours right now.”

“And why not?”

“Because I’m pissed off at you, that’s why!” She snaps, growing closer to the bed to have a better intense glare on her husband.

They’ve been married only a year, and everything’s been going fantastic. After college he proposed and they’ve been having a great life. Well, up until now. “And why’s that?”

“You know exactly why,” She hisses. “Get that shit out of my living room.”

He rolls his eyes and sighs irritably, just to get on her nerves. “We’re back to this again? Okay, honey, this is my house-”

“Don’t you ‘honey’ me! We are expecting guests in-” She whips out her phone from her back jean pocket, then swiftly shoves it back in, “-two hours. Not even. And you have crap all over the living room. Go get rid of it.”

“But,” He pouts, “I was trying to apologize.”

“You know I hate the cheesy shit.”

“I was going for romantic.”

“Cheesy, romantic, same thing.”

He throws her a bewildered look. “They are not the same-”

“Not the point,” She cuts him off smoothly, “Get your shit. Now.”

“Baby,” He coos, “are you still mad at me for what I did?”

“Mad? No,” She shrugs casually, but there’s a icy edge in her voice, “Overly beyond pissed off? Yes, yes very much.”

He sighs and crawls over to the end of the bed, grabbing her hand and forcing her to sit down on the edge. “I was trying to apologize with the flowers and chocolates, but you think it’s shit, so…”

“Romeo, you nearly burned our kitchen down. Flowers and chocolates are not going to cut it.”