She Missed You

Grace once again caught Camila staring at the double doors of the suite.

The old woman laughed and arranged the pillows on the opposite couch. "She'll be home soon." Camila tore her gaze away and looked at Grace, blinking in surprise.

"Oh, no! I wasn't... uhhh.." Camila blurted out, then laughed nervously. Her eyebrows met as she searched for the right words to say. It had been almost two weeks when she last saw Lauren ever since she left for the holidays. She didn't want to admit, but her days without her seemed, as friendly as to put it, inadequate. Grace shook her head with a mocking look on her face.

"See you when I see you."

Lauren said those words before leaving for Miami after tapping her belly lightly. It was one of the few times she had touched her on free will without the intention to hurt her, emotionally that is. Lauren's touch left a memory on her skin, and she couldn't simply hold her face without feeling Lauren's hands. No scars, just that feeling of skin. Camila wouldn't mind if Lauren left more.

Touch, a gentle one, was rather something devastating. She was not used to it. It made Camila feel all kinds of things, the good ones.

"Don't worry, I won't tell her you've been practically waiting for the past two hours."

Camila frowned, her bottom lip jutting out in a hilarious pout. "I was not." But her voice did hold any room for argument as she held her head down low like a bashful child. "I..." Once more she trailed off, because she knew it wasn't a lie. "O-okay."

She stood up and walked over to the kitchen to avoid divulging into the conversation any further. Camila picked up the carton of milk from the fridge and deposited its content to the glass.

 "New hair."

Camila gasped in shock as she dropped the glass on the counter, spilling the milk all the way to the floor. It has been a while since she heard her voice. Lauren stood by the kitchen wall wearing a coat and a smile. Camila's cheeks burned red as her eyes caught the familiar gray scarf that covered the whole of Lauren's neck. Part of her had already convinced herself Lauren would dispose such a hideous piece of mantilla, maybe she shouldn't have.

Lauren was beautiful, just as she had always been. She had mastered the art of hiding her emotions, but the thrill she felt did not subside seeing the way Camila reacted to her. She had held a supposed hate towards her, but it could not be denied she had missed the good-natured banters they had shared the moment she decided to be less of a bitch to the other bitch. It wasn't too bad as she had thought it would be.

She would have presumed a different woman had entered her suite when she had not seen that long ass hair, but a flash of dark brown armpit length hair. Only when she took notice of her ever growing belly and tan skin did she know it was just Camila. Sporting a shorter hair did not do her any injustice. It suited her.

"Lauren." A look of relief splashed across Camila's face as she said her name like a holy mantra, softly and gently. Lauren watched Camila as she took a step towards her, but then stopped as she was debating with herself whether to approach her or not after having her foot on the milk.

Deciding to have things easier for Camila even just this once, Lauren took a rag from the hook near her and strode towards her. She dropped it on the floor to dry out the spilled milk.

"You're here." Camila said slowly.

Lauren snorted with laughter and moved the rag with her foot. "Obviously. What, are you blind?"

Camila did not know why, but there was a slight note, slight urge, to welcome Lauren with an embrace. Having her this close, Camila could practically smell her perfume radiating off her. She had done so in the past, but the circumstance they were in was different. They had had civil conversations, but she didn't think Lauren would consider themselves as friends. Should she risk it again? Risk having the woman's wrath upon her, and her refusal after she had done the act.

But she promised to herself that she would start saving herself, saving Lauren from her sin. She had done wrong, but that did not make her a devil. It was time to turn their own selves, the victims, into survivors. An embrace would not mend Lauren's broken self, but it wouldn't make it any worse, wouldn't it?

While Lauren was occupied with the rag, Camila walked a little bit more closer to her, still resolving her inner conflict. As she had heard Lauren said many times before, fuck this shit.

Camila wrapped her arms around Lauren and brought her close to her body, into the same embrace she had lead her into. She sank her face into Lauren's shoulder as she felt her belly pushing into Lauren's toned one. She felt Lauren stiffen against her, but she clutched a bit tighter to her. If Lauren would push her away, then she'd let go.

Lauren did not expect what she had received, seeming lost in Camila's arms. It was intrusion to her privacy, and she should refuse. Yet her mind was a tumble of thoughts, and so was her feelings. For a moment, she frowned, thinking of cringing far from Camila. She did not like the way Camila embraced her. She did not like how she was so gentle, how she was so warm. Lauren awkwardly placed her arms on Camila's back, afraid the she might stop hugging her if she didn't.

She did not like it, because she knew if it would become frequent, she would slowly learn to love it, to get use to having her body close to her own. It was too intimate.

"Welcome back." The moment the words left Camila's mouth, Lauren let the comfort spread as she relaxed.

"I'm home." And she wasn't sure if she had said the words loud enough for Camila to hear, but the fact remained that she had said them.

"Camila? Are you still in the kitchen?" Just like the other time, Grace interrupted their moment.

Lauren gently removed herself from Camila's embrace and stepped a distance backward. The moment Grace entered the kitchen and saw Lauren, she enveloped her in a bear hug, leaving Lauren wondering where the old woman got her strength from. "You're back!"

Once they broke away, Grace turned to face Camila. "See? I told you she'll be here soon."

Camila blinked as a pink blush feathered across her cheeks.

"Camila had been waiting for two hours. Her eyes were practically stuck looking at the door, I even thought of removing them and tossing them to the sky for her to see where you were." Grace whispered to Lauren, but Camila still caught on to her words.

Camila turned to the counter, away from their gazes as the pink's shade on her face turned darker.

"Really?" Lauren raised her eyebrows, giving Camila a smirk, trying to hide the still evident warmth in her body with a joke. "She must have missed me, then." Lauren stared at Camila, who was still avoiding her gaze.

"Oh, she has." Grace nodded.

Camila cleared her throat as she took the glass and placed it on the sink. "I should probably change."

"You should probably admit you miss her." Grace added.

Camila walked faster away from the kitchen to her room. Grace and Lauren shared a laugh as Lauren wiped the remaining milk on the counter, when Grace once again spoke.

"I really do think she missed you."

Lauren smiled sadly, but knowingly.

"I know."

-- -- -- -- --

So, as you have noticed, I changed the cover because why not. 😂 AND THANK YOU FOR THE READS, COMMENTS, AND UPVOTES, LOVES! SENDING LOVE FROM PH! BTW, HAPPY #5YearsOfCamren!! 💚🌈

- Yang