CAMILA + LAUREN

Marry me, Camz.

Camila still could not wake from her trance, even now as she and Normani were inside a room, where her wedding gown was worn by a mannequin, proud and tall as it presented the clothing designed just for her. She was going to marry Lauren, here and now. Good Lord, how could He bless her with such a woman?

One thing however, became clear to her at that moment. Why so many paintings or sculptures have not harvested any interest in her, inspite being labelled as one of the most beautiful piece of artistry there ever was. The true art of the world was not of paintings, of statues, of any graffiti in the streets or the roof of churches, but humans themselves. They were pure art where love, kindness, respect and compassion could emanate from. Lauren, the pure art in the flesh, her own art to have and to hold.

"Are you ready?" Normani asked, taking the gown from the mannequin towards Camila. Was she ready?

Camila held her hand to her chest, feeling a new kind of ache in it. It wasn't like those aches when her mother would beat her, it wasn't like when she was physically violated. This ache had brought a comforting kiss onto her heart. She looked outside the window, down to where they waited for her, and saw the woman of her living breath. Lauren was looking at the window, and resolution washed through Camila's blood.

It wasn't just Lauren's beauty that radiated warmth, but the way she smiled at her, the way she waved with the loving look in her eyes as she caught Camila peeking through the window.

Camila was going to marry Lauren. She was going to marry Lauren.

And this was the beauty Camila had been searching and waiting for. The beauty of Lauren's heart that she had always found astonishing, the beauty that had burst like a supernova, one that would remain for eternity. The beauty that had chosen to look past her scars, her mistakes to find an utterly imperfect woman, only to love her with irrefutable honesty and undeniable selflessness.

She was going to marry Lauren. "I am more than ready."

-

Lauren had been shifting her weight from foot to the other, breathing deeply as she waited for her bride beside the minister, who wore a knowing grin, having to marry some couples of the same sex. Luna shifted in her arms, wearing a white gown that covered her toes, their renowned flower girl. "Mommy's coming soon, Nana."

They were in Vienna, and she was going to be wedded to her Camila. Lauren still found it unbelievable, and yet, she had known it, known this to be true now that the organ inside the protection of her ribcage had ceased to beat for a moment, only to be brought back to life with an indistinguishable pace and mellow violence. Memories of her past with Camila had resurfaced in her mind.

Pain. That was all Lauren felt when she first met Camila. It was a wicked web they were both caught in the moment they had first clashed, both puppets of the hate and fear that they couldn't escape with unforeseen storms. The truth to everything was not graceful, and graceful words were not the truth. But Camila became her vessel of love and healing. Almost the same when a bird takes its first flight in the sky, feeling the wind underneath its wings. Love and healing was the closest thing to flying without wings. It was a door beyond normal human boundaries.

From mistress to wife.

From chippie to mi amor.

From the hurting to the healing, and now the loving.

She had been abruptly pulled away from her world of thoughts when her mother, Chris and Giovanni stood up, turning their heads at awe at the bride left at the care of Lauren's father.

Camila stood at the other end of the aisle, wearing an all-over ivory lace, curve hugging, mermaid silhouette wedding gown that flowed down to the ground in smooth waterfalls. And Lauren stood still as she looked at her love. She looked at Camila's lips that spoke words of kindness, eyes that had only seeked for the good, hands that made her feel she held the whole world, her whole body that she offered to Lauren. She was beautiful.