『Chapter 5』

!! I do not own any Attack on Titan characters !!

We landed safely on top of a building far away from where the titans were roaming.

Levi looked down at me, as if looking me over. "Are you hurt?" his voice was soft.

"I-I don't-" before I could finish talking, Levi laid me down. He started to remove my cape.

"Wh-wha-"

"Shut up."

He removed my cape and put it under my head as a makeshift pillow. I shut up and let him do whatever he was going to do. He slipped my jacket off and started checking me for injuries.

"You are hurt." He said in a stern voice examining my leg.
He looked up and realized there was blood seeping through my shirt.
"idiot." He whispered as he pulled his jacket off and stared wrapping it around my stomach.

"O-ow." I complained as he slipped my jacket back on to my shoulders.

"You have a broken leg and you cut yourself pretty bad." He lifts me up again before I can protest.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask quietly.

"Doing what?" he asked, not even looking down at me.

"Helping me." I replied, gripping his shirt a little tighter.

I suddenly realized what was going on and blushed furiously. Levi, the Levi, was tending to my wounds and carrying me bridal style to safety. Any girl in the training corps would kill for this to happen to them.

I looked up at Levi, waiting for an answer. The wind was blowing through my (H/L) hair and I shivered due to the cold air. He looked down at me and studied my face for a couple of seconds. His dark eyes seemed to hypnotize me. I know, it sounds stupid, but I feel like I could see through him for a brief moment.

"Tch" his face turned back to his signature glare.

I just smiled. I nuzzled my face into his shirt, trying to enjoy this moment while it lasts.

**

"You hurt your leg pretty bad didn't you?" the cheerful, sing-song voice of Hanji asked.

"Yea I guess." I answered.

I still don't remember how I even hurt my leg. When the titan dropped me? Whatever.

"This is going to hurt so be prepared!"

Hanji said this too quick for me to prepare for the unbearable pain that came after words.

"Okay! All done!" Hanji cheered as she stepped back to admire her work.

She had created a stilt for my leg and wrapped bandages around the cut on my side.

"Thank you so much Hanji. I don't know how I will ever repay you." I rub my hand over the bandages.

"No need sweetie!" Hanji sing-songed and pulled me into a giant bear hug.

I returned the hug and smiled. She pulled away and looked at me.

"You know, you are really pretty!" she said cheerfully.

"What?! I am not!" I hid my face behind one of my hands.

"I even think Corporal has taken a liking to you!" Hanji poked my cheek teasing me.

"W-What?!" I cover my face with both my hands and stare at her with disbelief.

"Why else would he go out of his way to save you?!" She questioned.

'Does he like me? Why do I even care? I don't even like him. Do I? No. Yes?'

"You like him don't you?!" Hanji rested her hands on my knees and looked into my eyes with hope. Probably hoping I would say yes.

"N-no. Well, I-I don't-"

"You do!" she practically jumped through the roof with excitement.

"I never said that!"

"Just admit it, (F/N)!"

"What's going on in here?" a familiar cold voice asked.

I freeze. Levi had a habit of turning up at the worst times.
Hanji, on the other hand, is still ecstatic.

"Nooothing." She turns to me smiling wiggling her eyebrows.

Oh how badly I wanted to strangle her in the moment.

"(L/N)"

I turn my head quickly in shock.

"Yes?"

"In my office." With that, he turns and walks down the hallway.

Hanji turns to me. she has the most evil smile on her face I've ever seen.

"What." I ask with a very done look.

She grabs my hand and pulls me to stand up.

"Ow!" I yell at the sudden strike of pain going up my leg.

"Calm down!" I say as Hanji is fixing my hair and straitening my collar.

She fixes on last strand of my hair and stands back to look at me.

"Perfect!" she clasps her hands together. Now make your move!" She's now shoving me out the door towards Levi's office.

"Okay, okay!" I walk away and brush off my jacket. I look back and see Hanji still standing there. I stop in front of Levi's office door and take a deep breath in. I look over to where Hanji was standing. She gives me a smile and a thumbs up. I roll my eyes and slowly lift my hand to knock.

I knock lightly.

"Come in."

I turn the knob slowly and the door creaks open.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask as I walk into his office.

It was more of an office/bedroom. I stood in front of his desk and waited for his orders.

"Sit."

I slowly pulled out a chair in front of his desk and sat down.

"I've noticed you have great skills, better than anyone on your team. I have an offer for you."

I push my hair behind my ear and nod. He crosses his legs and leans back further into his chair. There was a long silence. I looked down at my lap waiting for him to speak.

"I want you to join my squad."