Power Rangers

A robot stood there, watching them stop in front of him.

"We will kill you," Jaylyn stated.

"Kill me? How?" the robot asked.

"There's six of us," Kimberly pointed out.

"Yes, I know! I've been waiting for you," the robot said. "Wait, where's the other guy? One, two, three, four, five... oh! There he is," the robot said, counting each in front of him and then turning around.

The robot's arm extended and grabbed Zack, dragging him back to the group.

"All of you," he said, looking at the six frightened teenagers.

"In a spaceship buried underground? How long have you been waiting?" Billy asked.

"What's today? Monday?" the robot asked.

Billy and the others nodded. The robot seemed to think for a moment before answering.

"Then 65 million years," it finally said. "I've been very lonely. You're all so young-looking."

The robot moved forward suddenly, startling them all. They moved backward, gasping at the movement.

"This has to do with the coins?" Jaylyn asked.

"Yes, yes, the coins!" the robot exclaimed. "Different colors. Different kids. Different-colored kids! I'm so excited you're here!"

Again, it moved forward, and again the teenagers moved back with a gasp. They stared at the robot, not entirely sure what was going on.

"Turn around," it said, putting its arm back in place from being moved a bit too much. "Go on."

The six turned around to see a room with six small platforms around a circle. In the middle of the circle, hovering, was a sphere of light, colors swirling together.

"No way," Jaylyn whispered.

"Proceed," the robot said from behind them.

Slowly, the teenagers made their way down the stairs to the ground floor.

"Think this'll work," the robot added. "One, two, three, four, five, six. Different colors."

"Guys, let's focus on getting out of here," Kimberly said. "Stay together, and then when we see a chance--"

"We run like hell," Trini finished.

"Okay. If we don't get a chance?" Jason asked.

"Then we kill it," Zack answered.

Jaylyn rolled her eyes. It was a robot. It wasn't alive in the first place. Plus, she liked the little thing. It was cute. She found all of this fascinating, if not a bit creepy.

"Shouldn't hurt, but let's see," the robot muttered, on the other side of the circle. "Please, step into the footprints."

The six small platforms lit up with blue light.

"No. We are not doing that," Jason muttered.

"Hey, question. Um, what are you?" Billy asked.

"I'm Alpha 5, an alphormic lorcaid persona android," it answered.

"What?" Jaylyn asked.

"He said he's a Alpha 5..." Billy started.

"Yeah, I know," she hissed.

"I'm a talking robot. You can trust me," Alpha 5 said.

Billy shrugged and started to one of the platforms. All eyes were drawn to him.