Scared and Unsure

Billy clapped slightly, seemingly excited as well, judging by his smile. The others were just plain confused.    

    "What?" Trini asked quietly.

    "Okay, quick question," Zack started, causing Zordon to move along the wall to look at him. "Hello. Hate to interrupt. Did I just hear you say we're Power Rangers?"

    "Yes. Yes. You are the Power Rangers. Any other questions?" Zordon answered.

    "No, I think I'm good," Zack replied.

    "Good."

    "I got a question. Um... Hi, how you doing?" Billy said on the other side of the room, Zordon once again moving to look at him. "Oh, okay-- um, my name is Billy. Billy Cranston. Kids used to call me Billy Crams-tons--"

    "Billy! Stop," Jaylyn interrupted.

    "I'm sorry," he apologizes to his friend. "Uh... the images here in this sphere tell a history of the Power Rangers," he said, turning to look at the multi-colored light sphere. "Looks like the Power Rangers were a team that protected life. And life is a bright light. Or... a piece of light?"

    "Yes. Yes, very good, Billy," Zordon praised. "It is called the Zeo Crystal."

    "Oh, I love this part. This is good," Alpha 5 exclaimed, throwing his metal arms in the air to emphasize his point.

    "And every planet in the universe that has life has a piece of this crystal buried inside it," Zordon continued.

    "Sixty-five million years ago, Zordon's team died defending the crystal here in what is now Angel Grove," Alpha 5 explained, gesturing to the light which was taking forms of different things to show the story of the crystal.

    "The coins have chosen you six," Zordon said.    

    "Yes! I knew it!" Alpha 5 cried out.

    "Now you must protect the Zeo Crystal and life on Earth," Zordon told them.

    "Because... we... are the Power Rangers?" Jason asked hesitantly.

    "He's smart," Alpha 5 said.

    Jaylyn picked up a little sarcasm in Alpha 5's voice and smirked, hand over her mouth. Her attention was caught by Kimberly, who was shaking her head.

    "I'm sorry, um, is this some kind of joke?" she asked. "Like, I'm standing here with a wet wedgie. My socks are soaked. We're squishing around in here. We're talking to a wall. I mean, guys..."

    "Silence!" Zordon shouted.

    All six of them were suddenly suspended in mid-air, gasping. A sudden vision came into their minds.

    They woke up in their house, hearing the front doors creaking. Opening them, they saw their town. Only difference: it was absolutely deserted. The second they stepped out of their house, they were in the middle of the road, looking around.

    "Dig! Dig, Goldar!" a woman's raspy voice hissed on the wind.

    In the distance, a large figure with wings appeared, smashing everything in its path. A dust cloud rushed at the six teenagers, all in their own separate visions of the same exact thing. A woman with a golden staff and glowing green coin was standing down the road. In seconds, she was standing in front of them. As they turned around, the teenagers found frozen civilians, all trying to shield themselves. However, they were completely grey, no color to be found. The woman got right in the faces of the six startled youngsters. She started gasping, drawing out the life within them. All six Power Rangers started to gasp for air as she basically seemed like she was going to bite their necks. One by one, the people the Power Rangers touched as they stumbled backward, crumbled into dust and ash, riding away on the wind.