Welcome to Training, Rangers

"A series of grisly crime scenes has the sleepy fishing hamlet of Angel Grove reeling," a newscaster explained. "Bodies were discovered..."

    Gnarled hands ran over gold-covered teeth that had been pulled out of people's mouths.

    "I'm building Goldar for you..." a woman's voice said as she grabbed more human flesh and bit into it.

    "This rash of violence has the town on edge," the newscaster went on.

    A homeless man was walking through the boatyard, listening to rock music. He came upon the woman and stopped.

    "Goldar's coming. Goldar's coming," the woman said in a singsong voice. "Goldar's coming. Goldar's coming."

    "What the hell you doing?" the man asked her.

    "I need gold. I will build my beautiful Goldar," she answered. "Goldar takes the Zeo Crystal. I take the universe," she continued in that singsong voice again.

    She paid the man no attention as she concentrated on the gold teeth and other gold items before her.

    "Me, too!" the man said before laughing.

    The woman turns around, revealing herself to be Rita Repulsa. Rita catches sight of the man's gold teeth and attacks him, slamming him into an old boat and killing him. His screams echoed in the boatyard.

    4:00 came that next day, Jaylyn standing on the edge of the cliff, waiting. The other five came up and over the hill to meet her, deciding to see what was going on. She turned and smiled at them, backing up to the edge.

    "What's up, crazy girl?" Zack asked as Trini walked up.

    "Hey," she greeted.

    "Shall we do this?" Jaylyn asked.

    They all nodded. They jumped in and swam to the bottom, dropping down with more grace this time. Returning to the room in the ship they were in before, they stood before Zordon.

    "You need to follow the three rules to being a Power Ranger. You must never use your powers for personal gain. You must never escalate a fight, unless your enemy forces you to. And you must never reveal your identity. Ever," Zordon explained. "To assume your ranger identities, you need to morph. Have any of you morphed before?"

    "Yes. But only in the shower," Zack said.

    "Shut it, Zack! You're so inappropriate," Jaylyn hissed, hitting him in the back of the head as the others snickered.

    She shot them all warning glares, and they shut up.

    "Okay, okay. Let's step into the footprints, please," Alpha 5 said. "Let's try this."

    They all stepped up to the platforms and stood there, waiting for more instructions.

    "Standing in this circle as a team, you can easily connect to the morphing grid. Do you feel it?" Zordon asked.

    "Yeah, they do," Alpha 5 answered for them.

    "No. Not feeling it," Zack stated.

    "You need to morph to get your armor," Zordon said.

    Billy gasped and called his hands together, excited.

    "I knew it! We do get armor. Jason! We get armor!" he exclaimed, gesturing to himself and his friend. "Oh, we get armor," he corrected, gesturing to everyone.

    "Cool. When do you give us the armor?" Zack asked, spreading his arms.

    "You already have it inside of you," Zordon answered.