ur Lips

"your lips:
reminds me of bittersweet memories.
the love we once shared was full of happiness and wonder and life.
but it had gone so suddenly,
and there was gloom and darkness and sadness.
i still remember the taste of alcohol in your mouth
and the way you said that this was a mistake...
my heart still aches for those times to be brought back.
your lips..."

date: 6th may, 2016
time: 07:50 a.m.

fact:

i actually wrote this around Christmas in 2014. it was much longer than this, however i had got a new phone for that Christmas and i forgot to back it up to the iCloud, hence i sadly lost the original poem when i reset the old phone in order to sell it afterwards. i was extremely upset because that was the first poem i had ever written.

i'll admit, this is nothing compared to the original and i tried so hard to see if there were other ways i could get the poem back. yet, it was unsuccessful. i still hate myself for not backing the damn thing to the iCloud, but the past is past and there's nothing i can do about it now. so, when i started getting back into poetry (end of 2015/start of 2016), i decided to try and rewrite it and here it is. this is like the sequel to a movie... basically in other words, i hate it; i miss the original.