Chapter 3

Third person:
Her hands shook as she held the knife over her head, her target lying helpless on the ground, she brought her knife down and ran to the cover of the shadows, The Dark Assasin had claimed the life of another murderer.

Percy's Pov:
I was writing in my journal when Nico came in. I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter, why did I have to ask him why was my life so unfair when I finally had the guts to break up with Annabeth, Nico had a new crush. I heard people saying that I got everything I wanted but how is that true if the only person I want is out of my reach. As I reread what I wrote when Nico was packing up my kitchen I was heartbroken.

I IMed Annabeth to see her kissing Renya. I guess we both had the same idea as I was calling to break up with her as I explained why I called she was silent. When I had finished explaining

"Hey, Jackson a little help here?" Nico yelled from the kitchen.

"Coming," I had responded leaving my journal on my bed.

Nico's Pov:

Percy has asked me to help him move out of his cabin into an apartment it had seemed like he has been extra happy today and I don't know why.

When we finished packing someone call for Percy to come and help it was something about a new camper who messed with the Ares cabin an now her head was stuck in the toilet.

As I waited for Percy to get back I found a small notebook on his bed it was opened to a page and I couldn't help but read it.

I have no idea why I'm still with Annabeth I guess my mind knows that my crush on Nicø is impossible. He wont go for someone like me, a hero who is broken. He spends lots of time with Jason and people are starting to think that they are together but when Jason told us that he was dating Leo I had some hopes until will came along. Perfect son of Apollo, he has a crush on Nicø and it makes my heart hurt every time they speak. I guess I don't have any chance with him even if I did he would be disgusted with me as soon as he sees my scars I guess its hopeless but I will keep trying until I reach the underworld and even then I will keep trying.

I heard the door open and saw Percy looking at me. As soon as I came to my senses I shadow traveled like hell out of there.