Notice Me (Shiki Senri)

Name: Yui

Age: 16

Race: Vampire

Background: Rido's adopted daughter.

Likes: Shiki, sweets (pocky), Yuki

Dislikes: Rima, Kaname and Aido

Personality: Gentle towards her friends, Caring and shy

Appearance: Black with brown streak (chin length), hazel eyes, wears a red hairband

Story:

It was a fine Saturday night and I decided to take a midnight stroll not minding the fact that the prefects might caught me, especially the white haired one. I found the perfect spot and walked towards a fountain. I leaned closer and watched the moon reflected on the clear water. I sat down over the edge and found myself thinking about my step brother. He rarely act as my older brother which made me think if he ever does consider me as her sister since he never speak to me and if he does it would be just a whisper and I can barely hear it.

"Here..."

That one word made me go back to the present. I looked up and saw Shiki handing a box of pocky to me. He was looking at me with his usual bored expression. I hesitantly took it from his hand,

"Umm... Shiki-niichan. What are you doing in here?". I asked looking at the ground unsure if he would answer my question considering that he's a silent type of guy.

"That's supposed to be my line." My eyes widened for a moment and I was forced to stare at him in disbelief. He's finally talking to me! Im so happy that once in a while I could have a normal chat with him.

"Hehe..." I giggled. He looked at me with a perplexed expression.

"What made you so amused?" He asked rather coldly. I clamped a hand on my mouth to compose myself.

"Well... Im just happy I can finally have a normal conversation with you." I replied with a warm smile. He sat beside me and tilted his head up watching the starry sky. Silence flooded us once again and I thought he got mad at me. I was about to say something when he surprised me with an apology.

"Im sorry, Yui."

I was frozen.

"Eh? why are you apologizing Shiki-niichan?" I started to feel so confused. Why? Did he do something wrong?

"Its nothing. I think its better if we get back to the dorms. The prefects might see us."

He's right. I nodded my head in disappointment. I wish I could talk to him more but its too much trouble to stay here.

*****

I woke up when blinding slits of sunlight escaped through my heavy curtains. I groaned when I remember I forgot to closed it. With tired eyes, my feet found their way to the cold floor preparing myself for todays schedule.

Even if I'm a vampire who needs to sleep at day, I act like a total human.

As I was nearing my door, a knock came before I got to open it. Befuddled, I opened it to reveal Rima.

When she saw me, she raised her hand and slapped me on the face. It wasn't that hard but enough to send me awake and alert.

I knew that slap was coming or rather I was waiting for it to come. These past few days I was mentally tortured by her fierce glares and I didn't know why.

"I hate you." she said and walked away. I fall back dazzled, a hand to my cheek.

*****

A week passed since that incident, Rima was still giving me the 'treatment'. Everytime I try to talk or ask Shiki just for a second, she would pull him away. I couldn't complain knowing that she might get angry with me again.

I sighed, looking down and stared at my face reflected on the clear water. I was at the fountain again considering it's my preferred place to think things through.

Like, why is Rima acting like a total b*tch towards me? As far as I know, I didn't do anything.

And just what should I do to make Shiki notice me as her sister? I just want everything to be fine between us.

"Just what should I do…" I mumbled.

"What are you muttering about?"

A voice behind me asked and I fully know it was Shiki. I turned to him and smiled.

"Hi brother."

"You didn't answer my question." he reminded and started walking away. This made me felt bad cause honestly, I really want to talk to him more.

Determined, I called after him. He stopped but didn't turn back, much to my disappointment.

"Wh-why did you come here?" I asked. This time I won't let him get away without hearing any answers.

"I can come here whenever I want."

"Is that so?" I heaved a deep sigh. It's stupid of me to expect something more. I think I should just give up.

"Why did you stop? I like seeing you…so curious." He said over his shoulder with a smirk. A blush crept up to my cheeks after hearing those words coming from his mouth.

That was the first time he would say something as weird as that.

"What are you talking about brother?"

His smirk turned into an upset frown causing me to back off in shock. He slowly walked towards me wearing that impassive look.

"Don't call me that." He said with finality as he closed the gap between us, trapping me with nowhere to go. Well I could just back off again but I might end up getting wet.

"Y-you mean brother?" I asked. He quickly leaned down but I was quicker enough to back off again and that only means…

"Kyaa!" I squealed as I hit the cold water. When I opened my eyes I was wrong to assume that I was saved from my brothers' weird actions cause the moment my eyes fluttered open, he was there. ON TOP OF ME.

"You idiot…" He muttered and kissed me lightly on the lips. My eyes went wide. Seriously? Im his sister.

Even though my mind is screaming to push him away, I couldn't. Why? Cause maybe, just maybe, my heart is also screaming too. How strange. If I ever have a heart Im sure it would be beating so fast right now.

"Sister, water, rival or what-not, I love you." He breathed after ending the kiss.

My cheeks burned from what he said. Before I could open my mouth to speak, I sneezed.

He chuckled and helped me up, pulling me close to him for a hug. Honestly, it was warm.