Girl Meets Winning

'That actually went pretty well', Riley said after the first surf lesson had come to an end. Maya snorted. Riley had been the only one who managed to stand on top of the board without falling off in less than two seconds. Farkle walked behind the two girls, panting, as they approached the beach shop Evan was usually working in. They were ready for some ice cream after the exhausting lesson. 'At least we survived', Farkle said as they entered the shop.

When they walked in, they were greeted by not only Evan, but also, to their surprise, by a happy looking Emily. 'Hey guys!' she said cheerfully. 'What are you up to?' 'We just had our first surf class', Riley replied. 'Nice', Emily said approvingly. 'Maybe I could catch some waves with you sometime?' 'You surf?' Evan asked her. 'Why so surprised?' Emily replied. He shrugged. 'I'm not surprised, just... impressed.' Farkle pushed Riley and Maya to the side so he was standing in front of Evan. 'So, just to be clear, you think it's impressive when someone can do that?' 'Um, I guess...', Evan told him, a little hesitant. 'Great', Farkle said, smirking.

'So, um, what can I get you guys?' Evan then asked. 'I'd like one scoop of mango ice cream, please', Riley told him. 'Sure.' Evan quickly fixed her the ice cream. When Riley pulled out her wallet to pay, Evan waved her money off. 'No, no, it's on the house', he said. 'No, you really don't have to do that', Riley said quickly. 'I don't think your boss would like that anyway', Maya added. 'My parents own this place, so it wouldn't be that big a deal', Evan explained, shrugging. 'What can I get you two?' he then asked Maya and Farkle. 'Chocolate for me and apple for the lady', Farkle answered. 'How did you-?' Maya wanted to ask, but Farkle cut her off by saying, 'I know my girls.'

When everyone got their ice cream, Riley asked Emily, 'So, what are you doing here?' 'Oh, me? I was just passing by and I thought I'd say hi to Evan', she said, trying to sound casual. The blush spreading on her cheeks wasn't really helping her. 'Well, then we'll let you say hi to him in private', Riley told the girl, wiggling her eyebrows. Emily looked away, trying her hardest not to laugh. 'Have fun', Riley said to Emily and Evan. 'But not too much', Maya added with a wink. The two girls and Farkle then left the shop and chose a spot on the beach to sit down and enjoy their food.

'You guys think there's something going on there?' Farkle asked Riley and Maya, referring to Emily and Evan. 'Possibly', Riley said. 'They do seem to have fun together and they look super cute together.' 'I think they'll be a couple in less than a week', Maya said bluntly. 'How are you and Smackle? Have you been on any romantic dates here in Hawaii?' Riley asked Farkle, whose cheeks immediately turned bright red. 'We, um, have...' 'We're girls!' Maya exclaimed. 'We need details, c'mon!' 'I suppose you could call them dates', Farkle said shyly. 'Call what dates?' Riley asked. 'We've just gone on a few walks, picnics, and trips to the beach. That kind of stuff.' His cheeks had now turned even more red. 'That's so cute', Riley gushed. 'Geek love!' Maya exclaimed. 'Maya!' Riley said in a scolding tone. 'What? I mean that in the best way possible.' Riley rolled her eyes. 'Farkle has told you multiple times he doesn't like being called a geek.' 'It's nothing bad', Maya said. 'I just mean you're very intelligent.' 'It's fine', Farkle told the girls. 'Really.' 'Well', Maya began to say, 'I'm gonna go for some ice cream. Who's with me?'

'Maya, we literally got ourselves ice cream five minutes ago.' 'So?' Maya asked. 'So why do you want-' Riley started to say, but she cut herself off and let out a deep sigh. 'Just make sure you don't spoil your appetite for dinner', she told Maya, who was already walking back to the shop they now knew belonged to Evan's father.

'Can you believe that girl?' Riley wanted to ask Farkle, but when she looked up, she noticed he was no longer sitting across from her. He had already joined Maya in her quest to get more ice cream. Well, if they're getting ice cream, then so am I!' she said, standing up from where she had been sitting. 'And I'm talking to myself again... Great, just great.'